Costs of Sponsorship

Old Sep 2nd 2004, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

Lapsed Canuck has a brilliant futureLapsed Canuck has a brilliant futureLapsed Canuck has a brilliant futureLapsed Canuck has a brilliant futureLapsed Canuck has a brilliant futureLapsed Canuck has a brilliant futureLapsed Canuck has a brilliant future
Default Costs of Sponsorship

Can someone please tell me what the full costs of sponsoring a common law partner will be for Canada? I am a returning Canadian and am finding the fee structure somewhat confusing! For example, does the permanent residency application fee of £975 apply as well as the £75 for sponsoring, the £550 for the wannabe resident and £150 for the sponsor? Help please!!
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 10:14 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costs of Sponsorship

Hi Lapsed

Originally Posted by Lapsed Canuck
Can someone please tell me what the full costs of sponsoring a common law partner will be for Canada? I am a returning Canadian and am finding the fee structure somewhat confusing! For example, does the permanent residency application fee of £975 apply as well as the £75 for sponsoring, the £550 for the wannabe resident and £150 for the sponsor? Help please!!

Sponsorship fee $75.00
Principal applicant $475.00
RPRF $975.00
See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applications/fees.html

PMM
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 10:16 pm
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

Firstly, the fees are in Canadian dollars! If you're sponsoring jut a common law partner, there will be $75 for the sponsor, $475 for the principal applicant, and $975 for the right of permanent residence fee. So a total of $1,525 CDN.
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

Lapsed Canuck has a brilliant futureLapsed Canuck has a brilliant futureLapsed Canuck has a brilliant futureLapsed Canuck has a brilliant futureLapsed Canuck has a brilliant futureLapsed Canuck has a brilliant futureLapsed Canuck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi Lapsed

Sponsorship fee $75.00
Principal applicant $475.00
RPRF $975.00
See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applications/fees.html

PMM
Thanks very much! I was confused about the RPRF. Do you pay that when your application is accepted?
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rhodes
Firstly, the fees are in Canadian dollars!
Oops! Yes. Heart attack averted.....
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 10:53 pm
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

If you are a Canadian citizen sponsoring your other half from abroad, then you'd usually get the medicals and police checks done before submitting the application, and pay the RPRF and other fees upfront. If for any reason your partner is not accepted, the RPRF will be refund to you at some point. The whole process takes about 6 months from submitting the papers to Mississauga. I think you can keep the RPRF back, but you'd then have to pay it later once the visa was ready to be issued and that would delay it a bit.
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 11:02 pm
squarepants

Don't know where you got $75 for, that is the price for extension to your visa, $975 is the application, and that is the only thing you get back, should your application not be succesful.

Old Sep 3rd 2004, 12:46 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Follow PMM regarding fees. Squarepants is confused and wronge here.

Originally Posted by squarepants
Don't know where you got $75 for, that is the price for extension to your visa, $975 is the application, and that is the only thing you get back, should your application not be succesful.
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 10:21 am
Once bemused

To clarify:

The $75 sponsorship fee will not be refunded if the application to sponsor is refused or withdrawn once it has begun being considered, but the $475 in respect of the consideration of the principal applicant would be refunded, as would the $975 right of landing fee. The $475 would not be refunded if the principal applicant’s application is turned down, or if the application is withdrawn, unless it is withdrawn before the officers begin to consider it. The right of landing fee will be refunded if the application is withdrawn or refused.

At least, I hope that is a clarification!