Cost of LMO

Old Nov 27th 2011, 3:18 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost of LMO

Originally Posted by Dumyat
Hi there,

Sounds like it's 50/50 as to whether a firm will use a lawyer or not but in any case, $1,000 shouldn't be too hard on a their wallet, which is good news.
My husband's company certainly did not use a lawyer and it is completely unnecessary. His Admin person had never done one before and she did it twice successfully - once initially last year and once under the new forms this year.

The forms are simple, involve nothing legally sensitive and the application is totally free to submit so why any company would use a lawyer and incur $1000 fee is beyond me.

Getting the TWP at the airport is no problem if you have your job offer letter and your LMO with you and it doesn't take hours - about twenty minutes is all it took my OH.

The IO will ask you a few simple questions about what you are doing for work, how long you intend to stay and maybe a few other things and then he /she will issue the permit for anything from 1 year duration upwards, depending on your LMO and their discretion.