Wikiposts

Cost of Canadian Visa

Old Dec 3rd 2013, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

njj74 is just really nicenjj74 is just really nicenjj74 is just really nicenjj74 is just really nicenjj74 is just really nicenjj74 is just really nicenjj74 is just really nicenjj74 is just really nice
Default Cost of Canadian Visa

Hi there hope you are all well.

My husband has a job offer in BC and his future employer is going through the PNP Route.. They have said that we now need to apply for our visas just enquiring if anybody knows the cost of these. I have been looking online but im a little confused.

Thanks in advance
Old Dec 3rd 2013, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost of Canadian Visa

all on CIC website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp
Old Dec 3rd 2013, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

njj74 is just really nicenjj74 is just really nicenjj74 is just really nicenjj74 is just really nicenjj74 is just really nicenjj74 is just really nicenjj74 is just really nicenjj74 is just really nice

Does that mean per person $150 for my husband because it is him having the job and the same for me and the children :/
Old Dec 3rd 2013, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

sorry and would it be a TWP he applies for a Permanent Resident Visa.. its a little confusing

thanks in advance
Old Dec 3rd 2013, 10:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

If you're going down the PNP route, that's for PR. How many of you in the family? If you can let us know that, somebody will tell you what the fees will be - you'll have the Federal fees as set out on the CIC website that Silverdragon has given you the link for, plus there is a potential $550 fee for the PNP, depending on the stream you are going down.

And you say that the employer has said that you 'now need to apply for your visas', but presumably they are aware that you cannot do it without their help under the PNP? They must do the application jointly with you.

Where are you now, are you already in Canada working on a TWP? And what's the job?
Old Dec 4th 2013, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

hi there thanks for getting back to me.. Theres me my husband and two young children both under 9. We are still in the UK . The company is in the process of sorting out the PNP but this has been ongoing since June of this year. The job is working in engineering, toolmaking and grinding that kind of thing. Yes they have advised that we need to apply for the visa's now. To be honest its the first time the company have gone down this route so it is in fact the blind leading the blind :/.

Thanks

Nic
Old Dec 4th 2013, 1:05 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by njj74
hi there thanks for getting back to me.. Theres me my husband and two young children both under 9. We are still in the UK . The company is in the process of sorting out the PNP but this has been ongoing since June of this year. The job is working in engineering, toolmaking and grinding that kind of thing. Yes they have advised that we need to apply for the visa's now. To be honest its the first time the company have gone down this route so it is in fact the blind leading the blind :/.

Thanks

Nic
OK, so the cost for the 4 of you will be $2380 in Federal fees (plus another $150 if you want to get a work permit once you've reached first stage approval, or $300 if you both want one), and then add on the $550 for the PNP app (although I think the employer has to pay that - not sure though, do check). So figure about $3000 in total, plus medical costs which will be around another $1000 as a very rough guide.

I've just looked at your previous posts, and as it seems you're still not sure of the process I'd suggest that you have another read of them. For instance, this one from Siouxie, sets out quite clearly the process for a PNP app - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...25&postcount=2

If you've had the job offer since July (as it appears from your other posts), and the employer still hasn't figured out how to able to apply for any visa, then I'd suggest they need to hire an immigration consultant to start the paperwork for them.

It's not something you can do on your own, so do make sure they understand that in case they're just waiting for you to get the visa!

HTH, good luck.
Old Dec 4th 2013, 1:11 am
SUPER MODERATOR

P.S. I've just noticed from a previous thread that you also had an 18 year old mentioned in a post from Jan? Are you aware that as of Jan 2014 s/he won't be able to go on your visa app if s/he is over 19 (unless disabled etc) as the age of 'dependent child' is being lowered?

Just something I thought I should mention, as it may give you an extra reason to hurry up and get a visa app in!
Old Dec 4th 2013, 2:53 am
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Just wondering is that list cumulative...

i.e. my gf (common law) will be sponsoring me for PR, does this mean adding steps 2,3 & 4?
Old Dec 4th 2013, 3:04 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by cbrown89
Just wondering is that list cumulative...

i.e. my gf (common law) will be sponsoring me for PR, does this mean adding steps 2,3 & 4?
Not sure what list you're referring to? You can easily check the fees you'll pay by going on to the fees calculator on the CIC website if that helps.
Old Dec 4th 2013, 3:29 am
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I tired the calculator as well just not sure of all the inputs required for my PR application by spouse/common law.

For example this is my results

Permanent Residence
Right of Permanent Residence Fee 1 $490.00

Spouse and Common-Law Partner In Canada Class
Sponsorship application (per application) 1 $75.00
Principal applicant 1 $475.00

Other Services
Permanent Resident Card 1 $50.00

Total: $1090.00

I left out the following but not sure if that is correct (assuming I am correct)

A family member of the principal applicant who is 22 years of age or older, or is less than 22 years of age and is a spouse or common-law partner

A family member of the principal applicant who is less than 22 years of age and is not a spouse or common-law partner
Old Dec 4th 2013, 3:34 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by cbrown89
I left out the following but not sure if that is correct (assuming I am correct)

A family member of the principal applicant who is 22 years of age or older, or is less than 22 years of age and is a spouse or common-law partner

A family member of the principal applicant who is less than 22 years of age and is not a spouse or common-law partner
Well it depends - you are the principal applicant, so are there any additional family members on the app? If so, then you would need to pay those additional fees, but if not and it's just you, then you don't.

HTH.
Old Dec 4th 2013, 5:10 am
Weegie in Calgary

Ah good stuff thats what I was thinking, no just myself. Thats me saved $$$$ in my head haha thought it would be much more.