Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Correcting an NOC for a Canadian Experience Class application.

Correcting an NOC for a Canadian Experience Class application.

Old Mar 15th 2011, 11:33 pm
Just Joined

andrew127 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Correcting an NOC for a Canadian Experience Class application.

Hi

I've just checked eCAS today on the off chance that my CEC application would have entered the system to be processed, and it has, which is good news.

However, there's an issue which I need to correct/clarify. My job is titled as 'postdoctoral research fellow' (NOC 4122). I work in the chemistry department in at the University of Calgary and work for/assist a prof there. However my initial work permi was processed at the airport with 'chemist' in the NOC description (NOC 2112). Three subsequent renewals showed the same. But it also says 'postdoctoral research fellow' in the notes at the bottom (they have a copy of this, of course).

Now, both are skill level A which makes no odds to the application (needing skill level 0, A or B), however the two reference letters say 'postdoctoral research fellow' rather than 'research chemist' as I entered in the relevant places on the application. (I had no idea postdoctoral fellow was a separate NOC at the time of submitting the application). My job duties probably match 4122 closer than they do 2112.

I've drafted a letter to send to them to clarify this, which I'll send when I get my file number (presumably in the mail, since I've had no email). Should I ask them to consider my Canadian experience as under 4122 since it's a better fit with what I do? And if so, do I need to send them a new, corrected IMM0008-Schedule 8? Or will the letter suffice?

Any guidance from those in the know would be greatly appreciated.