Wikiposts

Correct Papers For Immigration.

Old Jul 12th 2010, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

RB08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Correct Papers For Immigration.

Hi all,

Having a bit of difficulty with gathering the correct papers for immigration. My girlfriend (who is Canadian) is looking to sponsor me under the family class. I have been in Canada now for a year with only three short trips back to the UK. We decided to go through an Immigration Agency in London, UK called Four Corners, but due to delays and some very unhelpful people, we have now decided that we would be better off without them.
So to my question. For the short period we were with Four Corners, they advised us to complete the "Application For Permenent Resident Status", as though I was out of the country. Instead of the "In Canada - Application For Permenent Resident Status", which I questioned. And was told the processing time would be quicker, and as long as I have a UK address that mail could be forwarded to, this shouldn't be a problem.
So we are now looking at sending our application complete (without any further help from the agency) ASAP. Anyone who has any recent experience in this area PLEASE SEND HELP !!!!

R&L Edmonton, AB
Old Jul 13th 2010, 2:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Lethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really nice
Default Re: Correct Papers For Immigration.

Originally Posted by RB08
Hi all,

Having a bit of difficulty with gathering the correct papers for immigration. My girlfriend (who is Canadian) is looking to sponsor me under the family class. I have been in Canada now for a year with only three short trips back to the UK. We decided to go through an Immigration Agency in London, UK called Four Corners, but due to delays and some very unhelpful people, we have now decided that we would be better off without them.
So to my question. For the short period we were with Four Corners, they advised us to complete the "Application For Permenent Resident Status", as though I was out of the country. Instead of the "In Canada - Application For Permenent Resident Status", which I questioned. And was told the processing time would be quicker, and as long as I have a UK address that mail could be forwarded to, this shouldn't be a problem.
So we are now looking at sending our application complete (without any further help from the agency) ASAP. Anyone who has any recent experience in this area PLEASE SEND HELP !!!!

R&L Edmonton, AB
Hi,
My husband and I sent off our application for pr outland a few months ago and are waiting for my pr to come through. Your immigration consultants were correct, outland is generally much quicker than inland and you can remain in Canada if you have some kind of status here (if you came on BUNAC you will need to apply for a visitor's visa before your current permit has expured).
We did all our paperwork by ourselves and though it was stressful it was not so difficult that I felt an immigration consultant was necessary. I would advise you to read the wiki: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousa...sorship-Canada carefully, download all the paperwork from the CIC website and get started on filling everything out. Using the 'search this forum' feature for any paperwork you're confused with is also really helpful. Most of your questions will have been answered previously and by just searching for them you won't have to wait for replies! The forum was invaluable to me when I was filling out my forms and will probably be so for you too!
Don't forget to print off a rough copy of the checklist too, our first copy was covered in highlighter and notes by the end to remind us of everything we had yet to collect. All the paperwork you will need can be found here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...cations/fc.asp just click on the links and print the relevant paperwork.
Good luck!

Last edited by Lethe; Jul 13th 2010 at 2:42 am.
Old Jul 13th 2010, 4:48 am
Just Joined

RB08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Correct Papers For Immigration.

Thanks Lethe, huge help.