Copying passport page

Old Nov 30th 2005, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

rabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud of
Default Copying passport page

Another question I'm afraid!

When photocopying the relevent passport page, is it OK to fit 2 passports to an A4 sheet, or is it best copy each to a separate page?

Rob
Old Nov 30th 2005, 3:52 am
We make IT happening

aat147 will become famous soon enoughaat147 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Copying passport page

Originally Posted by rabrol

When photocopying the relevent passport page, is it OK to fit 2 passports to an A4 sheet, or is it best copy each to a separate page?

Rob
My suggestion is, don't fit two passports on single A4. what you can do; have single passport copied at top side of the A4 and then put that copied A4 at top and at bottom next pages of passport in copier to have multiple pages of same passport on single A4. By doing this you can reduce the number of pages and complexity.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 1:35 am
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future

Just a note......Did you know you are not allowed to photocopy a passport in colour?? We did with our application. However I was reading through the passport office page the other day and apparently you must only ever make a black and white copy!

I thought it was more readable in colour, but I was naughty!! I suppose it is all to do with the worry someone may get hold of it and try and make a copy of your passport. The scanners these days make very goods copies.

Rob
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

rabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gooding
Just a note......Did you know you are not allowed to photocopy a passport in colour?? We did with our application. However I was reading through the passport office page the other day and apparently you must only ever make a black and white copy!

I thought it was more readable in colour, but I was naughty!! I suppose it is all to do with the worry someone may get hold of it and try and make a copy of your passport. The scanners these days make very goods copies.
That is interesting. I had copied the passports in colour because I thought they looked more authentic! Anyway after reading this thread, I recopied in black and white and put them on a page each before posting the application.

Glad I did now
Rob
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 1:56 am
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future

Immigration would not have cared, but what did worry us originally, was when we sent the application in we had it returned. We had paid too much money. They returned about 100 pages in an ordinary A4 brown envelope that was splitting open by the time it went through our letter box, by second class mail. We were gutted, as our whole families life history, dates copies of birth marriage certificates and passorts, was enclosed. If this had allen into the wrong hands, we could have lost an awful lot. I colour copied loads of stuff , and they were very good copies. I know see how silly this was.
The post office employ many tempory workers, who dont give a damn. Every year passports, credi cards etc go missing and it is obvious that working as a temp for the Post Office is an excellent way of getting this sort of info, if someone wanted. I now never colur copy or send anything important through normal mail.

I really wanted to give CHC a hard time back then but was afraid they would bin our application!!

We land next Saturday so they are forgiven!

That is interesting. I had copied the passports in colour because I thought they looked more authentic! Anyway after reading this thread, I recopied in black and white and put them on a page each before posting the application.

Glad I did now
Rob
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 2:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond repute

:scared:

I have just posted our application...

...and yes - the passports and my birth certificate were colour copies!

Old Dec 2nd 2005, 2:33 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Oops ....we did the same too.....doh ! Done with best intent like yourself.
Oh well that's just another beaurocratic heap of beaver dung I can look back on and laugh my thick winter woolly socks off at

It's just ancient history now. Screw 'em.

Rich.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 2:52 am
Here and happy at last

Thank you for putting a huge smile on my face!!! Could not have put it better myself.

All I have to worry about now is the fact our house completion did not go through as planned on Wednesday, and we leave next Saturday!!!
Oh well tomorrow is another day!!

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Oops ....we did the same too.....doh ! Done with best intent like yourself.
Oh well that's just another beaurocratic heap of beaver dung I can look back on and laugh my thick winter woolly socks off at

It's just ancient history now. Screw 'em.

Rich.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

Thank you for putting a huge smile on my face!!! Could not have put it better myself.

All I have to worry about now is the fact our house completion did not go through as planned on Wednesday, and we leave next Saturday!!!
Hey gooding, we're going to be arriving the day before you! We fly out on 9th and are going in on temporary. It must be a wonderful feeling going in on PR. I look forward to that a bit further down the line!

All the best for next Saturday!
Rob
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 3:10 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=gooding]All I have to worry about now is the fact our house completion did not go through as planned on Wednesday, and we leave next Saturday!!![/QUOTE]

Is that just a hiccup with the process, man I hope so ! T'is a monster stressful time with all things happening at once and multiple challenges to time effort and patience ...time to find some extra inner energy to cope with the hassles.

Rich.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 7:59 am
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of

I moved out here in August and have only just got a buyer - but the survey was only done this week so still a long way to go. You have my sympathies.

Old Dec 2nd 2005, 8:43 am
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

All our stuff was sent in colour. Husband received his PR no problem. Good luck.