Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

COPR received and passport renewal

COPR received and passport renewal

Old Jul 12th 2012, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold
Default COPR received and passport renewal

I have just received my COPR. Im planning to leave to land in Calgary around September.
The passport to which my COPR was issued expires in August 2013.
My question is, can I apply for a new 10 year passport and then when I land I present my new passport along with my old passport with the COPR? Would this be acceptable to the immigration officer?

Or should I just apply for a new passport when I am in Canada (via washington?).
Old Jul 13th 2012, 12:31 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: COPR received and passport renewal

Either plan would work.
Old Jul 13th 2012, 12:43 am
x 0 x

JB0591 will become famous soon enoughJB0591 will become famous soon enough

It depends on how long you are willing to wait for your new passport, I believe the Washington route has a long turn around time.
Old Jul 13th 2012, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JB0591
It depends on how long you are willing to wait for your new passport, I believe the Washington route has a long turn around time.
I don't mind. But I live in London so getting a renewal would be easier here. If its not going to be a big deal when I land. I don't mind renewing it now in case I have to fly to the UK for any emergencies...

Thanks for the replies...