Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

COPR question for Andrew, Jim and PMM

COPR question for Andrew, Jim and PMM

Old Nov 18th 2006, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

milka is an unknown quantity at this point
Default COPR question for Andrew, Jim and PMM

Hi Andrew, Jim and PMM,

I've just got my visa and COPR from CHC-L, there's just one tiny error. The visa is perfect, but they have left off the last letter of my middle name on the COPR (not sure if it's a spelling error or they couldn't fit it in).

Is this going to cause a problem when I land and should I get it sorted now (what would be the fastest way as I'm scheduled to fly out on the 28th of Nov?), or will they be able to fix this at the Immigration office at the airport?

Thanks in advance for your words of wisdom!
Old Nov 18th 2006, 3:44 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: COPR question for Andrew, Jim and PMM

Point out the error in COPR to examining officer during your landing process.

Originally Posted by milka
Hi Andrew, Jim and PMM,

I've just got my visa and COPR from CHC-L, there's just one tiny error. The visa is perfect, but they have left off the last letter of my middle name on the COPR (not sure if it's a spelling error or they couldn't fit it in).

Is this going to cause a problem when I land and should I get it sorted now (what would be the fastest way as I'm scheduled to fly out on the 28th of Nov?), or will they be able to fix this at the Immigration office at the airport?

Old Nov 19th 2006, 9:36 pm
TLB
Forum Regular

TLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by milka
Hi Andrew, Jim and PMM,

We were in the same position in September. We collected our visas from London and were asked to check all details. When I told them of the 'mistake' I was told it was because my daughter had too many letters in her name and it wouldn't cause any problems but it will be best to tell immigration when you land. You will also find that when applying for your your SIN card they will have to issue as it states on your COPR. Although when exchanging your driving license they will correct it if you take your passport as ID.

Good luck to you,

Tracey
Old Nov 20th 2006, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

milka is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Point out the error in COPR to examining officer during your landing process.
Originally Posted by TLB
We were in the same position in September. We collected our visas from London and were asked to check all details. When I told them of the 'mistake' I was told it was because my daughter had too many letters in her name and it wouldn't cause any problems but it will be best to tell immigration when you land. You will also find that when applying for your your SIN card they will have to issue as it states on your COPR. Although when exchanging your driving license they will correct it if you take your passport as ID.

Good luck to you,

Tracey
Thanks to you both!