Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

COPR, PR and mailing address confusion! Please help!

COPR, PR and mailing address confusion! Please help!

Old Apr 27th 2018, 10:45 pm
Just Joined

SamSon1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default COPR, PR and mailing address confusion! Please help!

Dear folks!

Firstly, I am very impressed with this site! It has helped me tremendously in sponsoring my wife to Canada. Now I am confused, and I need some help

We finally got an email about my wife's PR application being almost complete (pending a few photos), but I have some questions

Situation: I am a Canadian PR, and I have sponsored my wife who is British and living in London. We have used me as a representative and my Canadian address is the mailing address. All letters so far have been emails (I don't know why I never get the post?) and are in the format: Dear *wife's name and my address*. My wife and I did not expect our PR application to be processed at this stage so quickly (5m), and we want to complete her landing without any issues. She visits me every six weeks in Canada and she isn't ready to move to Canada yet - lot's of stuff to be sorted in London!

Questions: 1) The email instructions are to submit photos and a few small things in London. If we do this, will the COPR be issued by the London office or Mississauga?

2) Whoever issues it, where will they post it? It would be very silly if the London office posts the COPR to Canada (her official mailing address) while she is in London! If this happens, can I just post it to her so she can use it to land? Has anyone actually done this?

3) The letter states that we can put a self-addressed envelope in the package we submit to London. Can we just write her London address and expect the COPR to be posted to her in London? That way we wouldn't have to change her mailing address to out of Canada (we prefer it that way)

If you are British and had an outland PR application (You were in the UK while sponsor was in Canada) I'd love to hear from you! We are very confused on what mailing address to use and why, and your help is appreciated