Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

COPR & Passports arrived - Timeline

Wikiposts

COPR & Passports arrived - Timeline

Old Dec 30th 2005, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

Flembo70 has a spectacular aura aboutFlembo70 has a spectacular aura aboutFlembo70 has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up COPR & Passports arrived - Timeline

Well, our COPR and Passports, complete with shiny new Visa, arrived in the post this morning. What a great way to end the year !!

Following my first post about having got it, I thought I would post our time line for anyone who applied around the same time as us (DEC 02) and who have not yet had the good news.

Skilled Worker
Papers submitted : 21 DEC 2002
Acknowledged : 14 FEB 2003
Medicals requested : 15 JUN 2005
Supplemental Medicals : 01 AUG 2005
Passports Requested : 28 NOV 2005
Passports Submitted : 6 DEC 2005
Passports Received : 31 DEC 2005

Time to complete from submission to COPR - 3 Years, 10 days.

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

Just a little note for anyone who reads this and are just starting out, here are my own personal views about the process:

1. Have plenty of patience and trust that the process works. Your turn will come.

2. Be prepared for the ups and downs of the process. If you get to the point where you think 'Is it really worth it?' - remember, that you are not the first to think this and you won't be the last. It will be TOTALLY worth it.

3. If you don't know, ASK. This site has been a great source of information for me and my family.

4. Don't put your life on hold if you can help it. With processing times on the increase, you could be in for a long wait. You just have to get on with things until your days comes.

5. Avoid e-client. It will make you blind, grow hairs on the palms of your hands and seriously depressed. If you can't avoid it, make sure to join a support group !!

Anyway, for what it's worth, thats my view. I'm sure others will have much more to add. Good luck if you are 'in process'.

Last edited by Flembo70; Dec 30th 2005 at 10:23 pm.
Old Dec 30th 2005, 11:15 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: COPR & Passports arrived - Timeline

Originally Posted by Flembo70
Well, our COPR and Passports, complete with shiny new Visa, arrived in the post this morning. What a great way to end the year !!

Following my first post about having got it, I thought I would post our time line for anyone who applied around the same time as us (DEC 02) and who have not yet had the good news.

Skilled Worker
Papers submitted : 21 DEC 2002
Acknowledged : 14 FEB 2003
Medicals requested : 15 JUN 2005
Supplemental Medicals : 01 AUG 2005
Passports Requested : 28 NOV 2005
Passports Submitted : 6 DEC 2005
Passports Received : 31 DEC 2005

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

Just a little note for anyone who reads this and are just starting out, here are my own personal views about the process:

1. Have plenty of patience and trust that the process works. Your turn will come.

2. Be prepared for the ups and downs of the process. If you get to the point where you think 'Is it really worth it?' - remember, that you are not the first to think this and you won't be the last. It will be TOTALLY worth it.

3. If you don't know, ASK. This site has been a great source of information for me and my family.

4. Don't put your life on hold if you can help it. With processing times on the increase, you could be in for a long wait. You just have to get on with things until your days comes.

5. Avoid e-client. It will make you blind, grow hairs on the palms of your hands and seriously depressed. If you can't avoid it, make sure to join a support group !!

Anyway, for what it's worth, thats my view. I'm sure others will have much more to add. Good luck if you are 'in process'.

Congratulations and good luck in Canada. What was your visa office??
Old Dec 31st 2005, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

tmccorm3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Flembo70,

did you submit you passports by post? We are waiting for ours to return from London (to Canada) and then we'll run down to Maine and do the Flagpole Dance.

Where are you heading to?

Good Luck in 2006

Tony
Old Dec 31st 2005, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

jcexit will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Flembo70
HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!
Congratulations!
Now you have another excuse for celebrating tonight.
Happy New Year!
Old Dec 31st 2005, 3:56 pm
We make IT happening

aat147 will become famous soon enoughaat147 will become famous soon enough

Congrats!!! so enjoy the new year and the moment you waiting for long.
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 2:34 am
Forum Regular

Flembo70 has a spectacular aura aboutFlembo70 has a spectacular aura aboutFlembo70 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by tmccorm3
Hi Flembo70,

did you submit you passports by post? We are waiting for ours to return from London (to Canada) and then we'll run down to Maine and do the Flagpole Dance.

Where are you heading to?

Good Luck in 2006

Tony
Sorry for the delay !!

Anyway, visas submitted by post to London, UK.