COPR and Passport renewal

Old Aug 28th 2014, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

Deadgoon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default COPR and Passport renewal

Hi all,

I'm looking for a little advice.

I have just received an email outlining a document I need to include for final approval and VISA issuance (this was received 3.5 months after submitting the application). This appears to be the last step of the process.

Unfortunately whilst reviewing the document it states I need 2 full pages free on my passport (despite earlier in the application process stating 1). Anyway I only have one page free, plus a few half pages. My passport is due to expire Dec 2016.

I have 30 days to respond to this letter and obviously that's not long enough to obtain a new passport, plus I'm going on vacation in 5 weeks time and don't want to put that at risk.

I guess this leaves me with 2 options.

1. Upon receiving my COPR, apply for a passport renewal and use that to 'land'.
2. Attempt to use my passport with 1 available page to 'land'.

Is there a risk in either of these approaches or are they ok?
Does the PR just take up 1 page in my passport?
As an aside, if I do option 2, then renew my passport in 18 months, what needs to happen to ensure my PR is carried over?

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 29th 2014, 1:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: COPR and Passport renewal

If its a UK passport then no Immigrant visa is issued anymore.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Deadgoon

Does the PR just take up 1 page in my passport?
As an aside, if I do option 2, then renew my passport in 18 months, what needs to happen to ensure my PR is carried over?
I don't know the answer to the first bit, but our COPR was stapled in our passport to one page, with the usual entry stamp and the document number noted below.

Your second question above - I also would like to know the answer to. We are sending off our children's UK passports for renewal. Should we remove the COPR before sending them off (in case it gets lost) and staple it into the new passport, or leave it in, or is it irrelevant now we hold PR cards?
Old Aug 29th 2014, 5:40 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Kaye5
I don't know the answer to the first bit, but our COPR was stapled in our passport to one page, with the usual entry stamp and the document number noted below.

Your second question above - I also would like to know the answer to. We are sending off our children's UK passports for renewal. Should we remove the COPR before sending them off (in case it gets lost) and staple it into the new passport, or leave it in, or is it irrelevant now we hold PR cards?
Take the COPR out of the passports and save them in a safe place, as you will need them for pension purposes when/if you retire.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Take the COPR out of the passports and save them in a safe place, as you will need them for pension purposes when/if you retire.
Thanks PMM. I have taken them out and won't send them.
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 12:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Kaye5
Thanks PMM. I have taken them out and won't send them.
Just had our kids' new passports returned - we had no problems at all. Processed and back with us within about 3 weeks.

My daughter's application needed countersigning (she is 11) - we hadn't known anyone for more than 2 years in Canada, nor on the list of acceptable occupations. We put our realtor who we had known for just over a year, with an explanation on the passport application form, and it was accepted.

:-)