COPR LETTER

Old Apr 10th 2019, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

bigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond repute
Default COPR LETTER

Hi everyone am living in uk at the mo , just got my Confirmation of Premant Residency letter , the date i have to enter canada on my confirmation of perminant residency letter says i must enter canada by 25 feb 2020 . my medical expires on 20 may 2019 , do i need to enter canada to activate my permanint residency before my medical runs out . ?????

thanks guys .

got my pr under the manitoba pnp .
Old Apr 10th 2019, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

glb19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: COPR LETTER

When does your passport expire? Usually it's whatever date comes first - your passport expiry or medical expiry.
Old Apr 10th 2019, 4:43 pm
Knight of Constantinople

G0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigreduk
Hi everyone am living in uk at the mo , just got my Confirmation of Premant Residency letter , the date i have to enter canada on my confirmation of perminant residency letter says i must enter canada by 25 feb 2020 . my medical expires on 20 may 2019 , do i need to enter canada to activate my permanint residency before my medical runs out . ?????

thanks guys .

got my pr under the manitoba pnp .
I would go by the date on the letter it tells you to land by.

I'm no expert on the matter but if it's in black and white then it's fairly simple.
Old Apr 10th 2019, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

bigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond repute

Passport is not out of date till 2024
Old Apr 11th 2019, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

My understanding is that you must land with a valid medical so while you could wait to the date on the letter you would need a new medical. Remember you only need to land to activate your PR you can leave again immediately, just remember residency requirements to retain PR and issues entering without ETA or PR card
Old Apr 11th 2019, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the information everyone. I am going to land and stay before my medical runs out . I think it is a lot of hassle to leave before you have pr card ( re entering Canada if you do not have it in your actual hand I mean ) .
Old Apr 11th 2019, 8:39 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad
My understanding is that you must land with a valid medical so while you could wait to the date on the letter you would need a new medical. Remember you only need to land to activate your PR you can leave again immediately, just remember residency requirements to retain PR and issues entering without ETA or PR card
That's not necessarily true. My partner's COPR gave him until February 2018 to land but his medical expired in july 2017. He landed in December 2017 with no issues .

CIC knows that your medical has expired . If they wanted you to get a new one they would have said to get a new one before issuing the COPR. Your entry date is February 2020, so you have until February 2020.
Bear in mind that you have to have a Canadian address for the PR card and it can take a good while to get.
Old Apr 11th 2019, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad
Not correct. You must land before the expiry date on the CoPR. One year from the date of the medical is one of the factors CIC take into account when deciding on the expiry date on the copr, but they have absolute discretion, in my wife case, they gave us a date two months longer than the one year medical anniversary.