Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

COPR Email and MyCIC being updated

COPR Email and MyCIC being updated

Old Oct 17th 2019, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

SoftwareDev is an unknown quantity at this point
Default COPR Email and MyCIC being updated

Hi All,

Out of the blue this evening had my COPR email come through, really wasn't expecting it this soon as had only been transferred to Mississauga a couple of weeks back. Excited for it to finally come through as hadn't been any activity on it and then all of a sudden has changed.

I have logged into MyCIC account but it still states my application is under review and nothing has really changes since I last checked. Definitely no options to upload the passport page. Is there a delay between receiving the email and status being updated? Has anybody manage to successfully upload the passport image? or is it still the case of using the work arounds in a number of other threads? Email to London office and hard copy in the post with the photos?

Thanks
Old Oct 17th 2019, 11:52 pm
No beginning to my talent

crofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: COPR Email and MyCIC being updated

It rarely updates at all so the usual workarounds (sending by email, Case Specific Inquiry & hard copies) are your friends.
Old Oct 18th 2019, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

bairn7 has a reputation beyond reputebairn7 has a reputation beyond reputebairn7 has a reputation beyond reputebairn7 has a reputation beyond reputebairn7 has a reputation beyond reputebairn7 has a reputation beyond reputebairn7 has a reputation beyond reputebairn7 has a reputation beyond reputebairn7 has a reputation beyond reputebairn7 has a reputation beyond reputebairn7 has a reputation beyond repute

The London VO email address is pretty handy as they tend respond quite quickly. I had the same issue so emailed them first. They responded after a few days to advise that I should just include hard copies of the various documents with the photos.

After doing this, I received my COPR documents around 4 weeks ago and my profile is still not updated!
Old Oct 18th 2019, 11:17 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Double check where your email / letter was sent from - you may not need to send to London..
Old Oct 22nd 2019, 11:31 am
Just Joined

Thanks all, I emailed the London high commission (email address from the letter) last night and had a response this morning. They have asked me to reply back to the response with the documents and they will upload it for me. Will just mail in the photos now and possibly copies of the letter/passport page just to be on the safe side. Do they still require the self addressed envelope?

Last edited by SoftwareDev; Oct 22nd 2019 at 1:28 pm.
Old Oct 22nd 2019, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

Emailed the files across and now starting to think whether I should have filled out the updated information chart as well, there were no changes but just incase they needed it filling again... maybe I'm over thinking it.
Old Oct 22nd 2019, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SoftwareDev
Emailed the files across and now starting to think whether I should have filled out the updated information chart as well, there were no changes but just incase they needed it filling again... maybe I'm over thinking it.
Just had an email back from them asking me to confirm this information. Note to any future applicants, probably best to fill it in. Impressed with how quickly they are dealing with the emails though.
Old Oct 22nd 2019, 3:08 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SoftwareDev
Did your email request the updated information form? If it did then this is a requirement, not an optional thing to include.

It's pretty standard to have to fill it out particularly if it's more than six months since you submitted your application. Basically you copy the information you put on the first one and if nothing has changed then you just change the 'to' date and sign it. If anything has changed you update it, of course.

Last edited by Siouxie; Oct 22nd 2019 at 3:21 pm.
Old Oct 22nd 2019, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Did your email request the updated information form? If it did then this is a requirement, not an optional thing to include.

It's pretty standard to have to fill it out particularly if it's more than six months since you submitted your application. Basically you copy the information you put on the first one and if nothing has changed then you just change the 'to' date and sign it. If anything has changed you update it, of course.
Haven't emailed the filled in form, they just emailed me and asked me to confirm my height, eye colour and postal address. Guessing they got the rest from the passport image. You are correct looks like it's an requirement. Might stick it in with the photos I mail across just to be on the safe side.