Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Copies of Police Certificates on Landing

Copies of Police Certificates on Landing

Old Feb 1st 2010, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

tommy_mcl is just really nicetommy_mcl is just really nicetommy_mcl is just really nicetommy_mcl is just really nicetommy_mcl is just really nicetommy_mcl is just really nicetommy_mcl is just really nicetommy_mcl is just really nice
Exclamation Copies of Police Certificates on Landing

Hi!

We landed on Saturday at Halifax We were lucky and were first in queue at immigration.

Thanks to all the advice we have had on here everything went really smoothly and we were "processed" within about 40 minutes.

The only thing we did not have (which turned out not to be an issue ) was copies of Police Certificates which they asked to see. They were happy that the Commission in London had everything and copied everything we did bring but this was requested so would do no harm to keep in your landing documents.

Good luck to you all - it is worth the wait
Old Feb 1st 2010, 10:54 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Copies of Police Certificates on Landing

I made a couple of photocopies of mine before I sent it to the CIC but I didn't much fancy paying an extra £5 for a second official copy.

I didn't think that they would check them at the border if I'm honest. Congratulations on your move by the way.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting about the police cert's , I ordered an extra copy when I ordered mine last year so will take them with me on my 'landing' even though they'll be over 12 month old.

Regards
Joinerboy
Old Feb 1st 2010, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

tommy_mcl is just really nicetommy_mcl is just really nicetommy_mcl is just really nicetommy_mcl is just really nicetommy_mcl is just really nicetommy_mcl is just really nicetommy_mcl is just really nicetommy_mcl is just really nice

Hi joinerboy

I think you may find that if your Police Certs are 12 months old, you will need to get new ones. I had to get follow up medicals etc, which meant that by the time our PPR came through, the police certificates were over 12 months old, so we had to get revised ones and then send along with passports.

One other thing on the goods to follow and accompanying we did not put a total figure on it, we knew what this was and told the customs guy and wasn't a problem, but again something worth doing to avoid the "moment of panic" when they ask for something you don't have.