Convictios

Old Mar 26th 2008, 1:09 am
Just Joined

fastlane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Convictios

OK
Here goes i have 22 convictions for assault and theft, and I have been in jail.
These convictions are from 20years ago.

Can i go to Canada ?????
Old Mar 26th 2008, 1:24 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Convictios

Depends from details of charges and convictions - nobody can give any definite answer without fully assessing those.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 7:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fastlane
OK

Can i go to Canada ?????
I hope not
Old Mar 26th 2008, 4:42 pm
Moose Jaw's Ambassador

roanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant future

Where any of those assaults actually" GBH "? and did any of them involve the use of a weapon?
Old Mar 27th 2008, 10:27 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by roanin
Where any of those assaults actually" GBH "? and did any of them involve the use of a weapon?
Hi Roanin
two GBH and no weapons
Old Mar 27th 2008, 11:15 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Hi Roanin
two GBH and no weapons
GBH equates to assault causing bodily harm in the Canadian Criminal Code, maximum sentence is 10 years. The OP cannot apply for rehabilitation until at least 5 years have elapsed since the completion of the sentence. Until rehabilitation is obtain, is inadmissible as both a visitor and immigrant.
see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/5312E.PDF
Old Mar 27th 2008, 11:47 am

With only 2 convictions (punishable in Canada for the max of 10 years imprisonment or less) not arising from the same single event the eligibility for rehabilitation application would be 5 years from completion of imposed sentence. But the OP's problem is that there are 20 convictions - with such multiple convictions and depending from results of evaluation OP may not be eligible to apply for criminal rehabilitation for at least 10 years from the completion of last imposed sentence.

No matter what OP must apply for Criminal Rehabilitation, if of course already eligible to do so.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 12:18 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

OK

Can i go to Canada ?????
Erm, was that a typo? I mean, did you hold down the "2" key a bit long?

*locks doors*
Old Mar 27th 2008, 7:43 pm
Moose Jaw's Ambassador

roanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant future

Old Mar 27th 2008, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
With only 2 convictions (punishable in Canada for the max of 10 years imprisonment or less) not arising from the same single event the eligibility for rehabilitation application would be 5 years from completion of imposed sentence. But the OP's problem is that there are 20 convictions - with such multiple convictions and depending from results of evaluation OP may not be eligible to apply for criminal rehabilitation for at least 10 years from the completion of last imposed sentence.

No matter what OP must apply for Criminal Rehabilitation, if of course already eligible to do so.

Longest prison term was 9 months, these 22 convictions are from 20yrs ago when i was a bit of a handy lad.
I do not condone my actions then.in fact i find them embarrassing to say the least.
So with them being so long ago, i should be eligible for ( rehabilitation ) or am i wasting my time and everyone else's.

Last edited by fastlane; Mar 27th 2008 at 10:21 pm. Reason: mistake
Old Mar 27th 2008, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

britsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond repute

As has been said, you can apply for rehabilitation, whether or not you get it is for those reviewing your case to decide. It will obviously take some time for a decision to be made and you will have to make a good case to show you are a changed man.

Is it a waste of time? Only you can decide this. But if it were me it is not something I would do without professional help.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 12:46 am
Just Joined

Deemed this deemed that 20yrs have past am i rehabilitated YES OR NO.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 12:58 am

No, you are not. With such number of convictions you must go through the process. But it may be still open to the results of assessment made by visa post - you must report it all in your application (even if some convictions may not be in your police report anymore) and let visa post decide if they want your Criminal rehabilitation application or not. Based on what I know and on my experience you will be asked to submit CR application - but it will be long after you file PR application and as result it may add a year or longer to the process. It is better to include CR application together with PR application.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 1:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
No, you are not. With such number of convictions you must go through the process. But it may be still open to the results of assessment made by visa post - you must report it all in your application (even if some convictions may not be in your police report anymore) and let visa post decide if they want your Criminal rehabilitation application or not. Based on what I know and on my experience you will be asked to submit CR application - but it will be long after you file PR application and as result it may add a year or longer to the process. It is better to include CR application together with PR application.
Thanks Andrew
This is where i stand
I have a job offer, i have my LMO, Work permit at point of entry. convictions have all been put on form, all accepted with a Scottish basic disclosure.
What will happen when i land and the immigration officer asks about criminality
after all they have been disclosed to get me that far
Old Mar 28th 2008, 1:56 am

You have work permit approval letter after applying through London? If yes and all was fully disclosed then you shouldn't worry too much. Just keep copy of your work permit application showing all your convictions as disclosed and copy of police record just in case you will be asked to prove that you disclosed it all to visa post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.