Contracts and job letters

Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

meanjock has a brilliant futuremeanjock has a brilliant futuremeanjock has a brilliant futuremeanjock has a brilliant futuremeanjock has a brilliant futuremeanjock has a brilliant futuremeanjock has a brilliant future
Exclamation Contracts and job letters

Hi i have a problem I work in construction and i have never had or needed and job letter or contract.I worked abroad alot and have no contact with the firms i worked with.
The thing is i have a great job offer but it says i need letters from the firms i used to work for. do i have a major problem ?
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:45 am
Your goto Realtor

liquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Contracts and job letters

Yes you have a major problem. I speak from experiance as I applied via skilled route with job offer. You need to show signed reference letters for as much of your past work as you can. I provided reference letters for all my jobs. There was a few freelance jobs I did which i did not have letters for but I provided very detialed account of that time when I did freelance. I think you will need some stuff. Maybe a expert on here can advise you better on this like Andrew.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Contracts and job letters

Originally Posted by meanjock
Hi i have a problem I work in construction and i have never had or needed and job letter or contract.I worked abroad alot and have no contact with the firms i worked with.
The thing is i have a great job offer but it says i need letters from the firms i used to work for. do i have a major problem ?
If you request your NI record from the Government then it will show all the UK employers at which you paid NI. I know this won't help with the work abroad but it would be a start.

Good luck

Joanne