Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Contacting London for status update

Contacting London for status update

Old Apr 9th 2009, 1:21 am
Just Joined

mitchyban is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Contacting London for status update

Hi there,

my wife was approved as my sponsor last month, and our application has been sent to London for the approval process. Due to a cock up on their part (mispelling my wife's name), the submittal was delayed by a week or so, but it definitely has gone through.

My question is this. We've not received any correspondence from London about our case number, so we're unable to check on the process. Phoning up the office to check we're told that we can only submit enquiries by mail or fax, and only if it's outwith the normal processing times.

My wife spoke to Immigration in Canada yesterday, and was told we had the right to check as it's our application.

Can anyone recommend what's the best way to go about finding out?

Many thanks in advance.

Scott
Old Apr 9th 2009, 1:23 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Contacting London for status update

Originally Posted by mitchyban
Hi there,

my wife was approved as my sponsor last month, and our application has been sent to London for the approval process. Due to a cock up on their part (mispelling my wife's name), the submittal was delayed by a week or so, but it definitely has gone through.

My question is this. We've not received any correspondence from London about our case number, so we're unable to check on the process. Phoning up the office to check we're told that we can only submit enquiries by mail or fax, and only if it's outwith the normal processing times.

My wife spoke to Immigration in Canada yesterday, and was told we had the right to check as it's our application.

Many thanks in advance.

Scott

Hi Scott,

I assume you've checked online? What does it say for your status on there?

Old Apr 9th 2009, 1:26 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi Scott,

I assume you've checked online? What does it say for your status on there?

Hi,

the only way for us to check online is with the client id issued to my wife after being approved for sponsorship, and it only tells us that the status is "unavailable", so not sure where to go next really.

Cheers
Scott
Old Apr 9th 2009, 1:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

the only way for us to check online is with the client id issued to my wife after being approved for sponsorship, and it only tells us that the status is "unavailable", so not sure where to go next really.

Cheers
Scott
Sorry Scott, I just re-read your first post and realised you said you haven't yet got a client number - doh! I don't think you can do anything until you've got that I'm afraid, you could try emailing them but don't expect a response!

Hope you hear back soon.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 1:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Sorry Scott, I just re-read your first post and realised you said you haven't yet got a client number - doh! I don't think you can do anything until you've got that I'm afraid, you could try emailing them but don't expect a response!

Hope you hear back soon.
Hehe, no worries. We're going to try the Case specific enquiry, but as you suggest, i'm not going to hold my breath for a reply!

Thanks again for all your help though.

Cheers
Scott
Old Apr 9th 2009, 1:52 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Cheers
Scott
Hi there, sorry if i sound a little thick but does this mean you DO have a client ID?

If so, by the quote above i assume it's yourself who's apply to sponsor your wife? Or do you mean your wife has been approved to sponsor you?

If you don't have a client ID then feel free to ignore me
Old Apr 9th 2009, 1:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by el_richo
Hi there, sorry if i sound a little thick but does this mean you DO have a client ID?

If so, by the quote above i assume it's yourself who's apply to sponsor your wife? Or do you mean your wife has been approved to sponsor you?

If you don't have a client ID then feel free to ignore me
Hehe, no worries El_richo. My wife sponsored me, so i'm the one waiting on an ID.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 2:05 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Hehe, no worries El_richo. My wife sponsored me, so i'm the one waiting on an ID.
Hmmm, i'm not sure you do. I'm in the same boat as you, my wife is sponsoring me. We received the letter from CIC stating the application has been forwarded to London and we had a client ID on it.

So now when we want to check on the status we input the client ID and my wifes details. This show's the acceptance to sponsor and another section next to it marked as "In Process" or something with my details.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 3:03 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Surely you can use your wifes ID? Have you put England as the country, I know people have not found their status before because they had selected the wrong country! I'm sure you've tried that but just thought I'd check!

Good luck.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

chams is on a distinguished road

You can check.
Use the ClientID and all the sponsor's details.
ie. Surname, DOB, Country of birth.(All your wife's info)
If it says unavailable, your case is too new to be posted.

You sound a little impatient, or unaware how long these cases take.
I was approved as my wifes sponsor in January.
The only update we've had is an entry for medicals received.

Last edited by chams; Apr 9th 2009 at 3:13 am.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 6:06 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Hi there,

Many thanks in advance.

Scott
It is extremely unlikely that you will get any reply to email enquiries ,since the normal processing time is 2-7 months for spousal applications at London, so you are well within their processing times.