Wikiposts

Contacting CHC re PPR?

Old Oct 3rd 2007, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

achak is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Contacting CHC re PPR?

Hi,

We are going insane waiting for our PPR.. We had our medicals 2nd August and then I had to submit an extra blood test (which had a normal result) on 4th September. I think we really should have heard something by now!
I asked our consultants in Toronto whether they could chase things up and they said it takes 3-5 months for PPR from date of the medical. They insisted it would hurt our application if I e-mailed CHC.
We are desperate for some news and are literally waiting to leave, has anyone e-mailed CHC just to chase up PPR and got a negative response?

Thanks

Angela
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

oxon5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Contacting CHC re PPR?

Hi Angela,

We're in the same position. We had are initial meds in June and had to have a second set (just bloods) taken, which was done on 21 August. According to the nurse the bloods were normal according to the parameters set out by CHC. But we haven't heard a thing since the request for the second set of meds. So I'm curious if anyone has heard anything as well.

Will the CHC use alternative methods of communicating when the postal strike is on? If so how will they contact us?

Good Luck

Kevin
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

I also would love to know how they will send them, especially to Canada? Would they still use Royal Mail?
It is a ridiculous length of time to wait when you think you only have a year to sort out house, jobs, kids etc before you have to land. Do they count the year from the initial medical or the extra tests?
I'm itching to contact CHC but don't want them to look at an e-mail and think Oh they are pushy and put us at the bottom of the pile...
Your second meds were done 21st August, have you seem how many people with meds on the same date have had their PPR? There is no rhyme or reason to it, it's not a fair system at all...

:curse:

Originally Posted by oxon5
Hi Angela,

We're in the same position. We had are initial meds in June and had to have a second set (just bloods) taken, which was done on 21 August. According to the nurse the bloods were normal according to the parameters set out by CHC. But we haven't heard a thing since the request for the second set of meds. So I'm curious if anyone has heard anything as well.

Will the CHC use alternative methods of communicating when the postal strike is on? If so how will they contact us?

Good Luck

Kevin
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

mc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud of

I'm in the same boat with Buffalo, worst part is my lawyer isn't even answering my emails to say if they've forwarded all the additional forms on by now after I sent them two weeks ago. I'm half-tempted to call them again because I got two police certificates in two days and sent the first one away before the second one arrived so couldn't compare them. Now I'm not 100% sure if I sent away the right one or if they were identical.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

They should be the same unless you got arrested in between the 2

I think CHC should pay for us all to have counselling, I'm going to start sticking pencils in my ears and saying wibble wobble soon...

Every person I meet now immediately says
"I thought you were moving to Canada?"

It's driving me MMMMAAAAAADDDDDD

Originally Posted by mc_dub
I'm in the same boat with Buffalo, worst part is my lawyer isn't even answering my emails to say if they've forwarded all the additional forms on by now after I sent them two weeks ago. I'm half-tempted to call them again because I got two police certificates in two days and sent the first one away before the second one arrived so couldn't compare them. Now I'm not 100% sure if I sent away the right one or if they were identical.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

mc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud of

They both said the database has no convictions recorded for me but I just wonder if the red lines were on both but given that nobody else has mentioned receiving two I think the fact that they let me jump the queue probably meant they processed two by accident, would just be nice for the lawyer to confirm it and put my mind at ease although given some of the incompetence I've encountered with them I'm not sure it would be all that reassuring!!

People stopped asking me that when I growled at them and walked off rather than giving an answer :curse:
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

In my experience most lawyers are the same...
Can you call them rather then e-mail?

Originally Posted by mc_dub
They both said the database has no convictions recorded for me but I just wonder if the red lines were on both but given that nobody else has mentioned receiving two I think the fact that they let me jump the queue probably meant they processed two by accident, would just be nice for the lawyer to confirm it and put my mind at ease although given some of the incompetence I've encountered with them I'm not sure it would be all that reassuring!!

People stopped asking me that when I growled at them and walked off rather than giving an answer :curse:
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

oxon5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Angela,

I've just received our PPR so if they are working steadily then you can expect to receive your's within 10 days or so.

Good luck

Kevin

Originally Posted by achak
Hi,

We are going insane waiting for our PPR.. We had our medicals 2nd August and then I had to submit an extra blood test (which had a normal result) on 4th September. I think we really should have heard something by now!
I asked our consultants in Toronto whether they could chase things up and they said it takes 3-5 months for PPR from date of the medical. They insisted it would hurt our application if I e-mailed CHC.
We are desperate for some news and are literally waiting to leave, has anyone e-mailed CHC just to chase up PPR and got a negative response?

Thanks

Angela
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Kevin,

Lets hope they are working logically this month!!

Just before the postal strike as well, Great news.

Originally Posted by oxon5
Hi Angela,

I've just received our PPR so if they are working steadily then you can expect to receive your's within 10 days or so.

Good luck

Kevin
Old Oct 4th 2007, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

TinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks

Angela
Hi Angela,

I emailed them last week and was replied to, and it was the most depressing day! the response was very blunt and cold. I really wished i hadn't contacted them. They even asked to let them know when the meds were sent to them and it was 3 weeks earlier, needless to say we have been left wondering if they have not been married up with our file. I have got updated police checks to send and am doing so by DHL tomorrow in the hope that moves something too.

Lets hope there is some logic in the dates afterall....

Tina
Old Oct 4th 2007, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

Hi Tina,

I think that is what worries me. If there reply was cold and blunt they might get the hump and push my file to the bottom of the heap! It would help if there was some kind of indication as to time scales after medicals because the processing just doesn't make any sense.
When were your medicals? Did you reply and tell them when the medicals were sent?
It only took them 2 weeks from initial meds to request an extra blood test for me so why should it take so long after submitting normal results??

Originally Posted by TinaH
Hi Angela,

I emailed them last week and was replied to, and it was the most depressing day! the response was very blunt and cold. I really wished i hadn't contacted them. They even asked to let them know when the meds were sent to them and it was 3 weeks earlier, needless to say we have been left wondering if they have not been married up with our file. I have got updated police checks to send and am doing so by DHL tomorrow in the hope that moves something too.

Lets hope there is some logic in the dates afterall....

Tina
Old Oct 4th 2007, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

TinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tina,

I think that is what worries me. If there reply was cold and blunt they might get the hump and push my file to the bottom of the heap! It would help if there was some kind of indication as to time scales after medicals because the processing just doesn't make any sense.
When were your medicals? Did you reply and tell them when the medicals were sent?
It only took them 2 weeks from initial meds to request an extra blood test for me so why should it take so long after submitting normal results??

Hi Angela,

I feel like we have been put to the bottom of the pile! the thing is we are really supposed to be on a 'fasttrack' pnp too! ( the immigration are, apparently, under pressure of turning the visa's round as fast as poss for husbands employer) we had meds on 29th August, CHC signed for them in London on the 6th Sept - i did email back with that info and apologised for bothering them!

I know of another employee on the exact same timescale as ourselves who got a CALL from and full contact details of their immigration officer and flys out this week for good with visa! Fab for them doesn't re assure us though. I really want the boys to get to school as soon as possible and try to settle before the deep winter sets in!!

I suppose what will happen will happen ..... fingers crossed for you x
Old Oct 4th 2007, 1:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Beastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all,

In a similar position, meds signed for in London on 4th September. Just have to be patient I'm affraid as there never seems to be a logical progression in the way CHC deal with applications. PPR could come Wednesday (after the postal strikes) or in December Either way, contacting CHC just gives the already busy immigration officers something else to deal with which will slow down the process even more.

Best to just let them get on with it.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

I agree with those sentiments and I am not going to bother CHC, I really don't want to p*** them off. It would be nice to know the time frame though. Our agents seem to think 3-5 months is the norm after meds in which case we could still be sitting here in Jan/Feb 08

Originally Posted by Beastie
Hi all,

In a similar position, meds signed for in London on 4th September. Just have to be patient I'm affraid as there never seems to be a logical progression in the way CHC deal with applications. PPR could come Wednesday (after the postal strikes) or in December Either way, contacting CHC just gives the already busy immigration officers something else to deal with which will slow down the process even more.

Best to just let them get on with it.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TinaH
Hi Angela,

I feel like we have been put to the bottom of the pile! the thing is we are really supposed to be on a 'fasttrack' pnp too! ( the immigration are, apparently, under pressure of turning the visa's round as fast as poss for husbands employer) we had meds on 29th August, CHC signed for them in London on the 6th Sept - i did email back with that info and apologised for bothering them!

I know of another employee on the exact same timescale as ourselves who got a CALL from and full contact details of their immigration officer and flys out this week for good with visa! Fab for them doesn't re assure us though. I really want the boys to get to school as soon as possible and try to settle before the deep winter sets in!!

I suppose what will happen will happen ..... fingers crossed for you x
Hi Tina,

Same problem here, 2 children who want to go and I keep saying
"We'll be there by Christmas"
I'm starting to doubt that now. It's now been 36 months since we applied and were quoted 21 months to process!