Contact the CIC?

Old Jun 14th 2018, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

LizLon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Contact the CIC?

Hi all
I am Canadian citizen sponsor of my British other half applying outland.
I have checked our application online in the CIC website and have three messages:
  1. We received Thomas application for permanent residence on April 19, 2018.
  2. We sent Thomas medical instructions on June 1, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  3. We sent Thomas correspondence on June 5, 2018. If Thomas has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please have Thomas do so as soon as possible. Please wait until Thomas receives the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
I know that June 5 is the request for Schedule A as I had a letter saying they were writing to him to ask for this.
We have booked his medical for June 30 (as there is a 3 week wait in London so thought best to get it booked in) but haven't got any details in regards of forms etc that he needs to get filled in.

On GCKey there are NO messages regarding the application.

He has not received any emails/post/correspondence of any kind in regard to his application. I have received two emails. It's now at least ten business days since the first message. Am I just jumping the gun and should I just be more patient or should I be worried the emails are going to the wrong place or that the post is being misdirected?

Two questions:
Should we be on the lookout for emails or letters in the post?
At what point do we contact them to tell them we haven't had anything? And how do we go about that? The letters sent to me only refer me to the website which isn't terribly helpful.

Thanks for your help!
Old Jun 14th 2018, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Contact the CIC?

As regards the medical, you probably know you MUST use a Doctor from the panel of examiners approved by CIC. The Doctors have all the 'forms' they need (it is now all done on-line). Do be sure to check with them as you MUST bring some specific documentation with you.

Originally Posted by LizLon
Should we be on the lookout for emails or letters in the post?
What did you put down as your preferred contact method? I got all our stuff via email, never received anything in the post apart from the CoPR. Has the PA set himself up on MyCIC as well as you (assuming you are the sponsor)?

Originally Posted by LizLon
At what point do we contact them to tell them we haven't had anything? And how do we go about that? The letters sent to me only refer me to the website which isn't terribly helpful

I would contact them now. You could use a case specific enquiry. I believe there is also a helpline number, but many have found the helpline to be useless! A 5 second Google on 'CPC Mississauga contact number' will give you the answer.as will a Google on 'CIC case specific enquiry'.
Old Jun 14th 2018, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

Thanks. I am fuming with myself right now. Just checked my copy of the application and the stupid (insert expletive here) email address is missing a c in .com

swear word swear word swear word swear word swear word swear word swear word swear word swear word swear word swear word swear word

I read over the bloody thing about 400 times before I sent it. I told him to read it... it's such a tiny but MAHOOSIVE mistake. How can I fix it?!?!?!

Also, yes, I know about panel physicians, and have booked in with them. When I booked it they asked me for a code of some kind which I didn't have and have to assume is on the letter they 'sent' to PA.
Old Jun 14th 2018, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Also I have just created him a GCKey and linked the application which isn't asking for anything at all.

I have sent a case specific request - BEFORE discovering the typo in the application - Should I send another?

I could wring my own bloody neck right now.
Old Jun 14th 2018, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Try a case specific enquiry or phone call to fix.

Get the PA onto his own MyCIC

I think the doc would be after your UCI and / or Application Number, both of which should be in you AOR
Old Jun 14th 2018, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Try a case specific enquiry or phone call to fix.

Get the PA onto his own MyCIC

I think the doc would be after your UCI and / or Application Number, both of which should be in you AOR
Thanks. Now I need to figure out how to call a toll free number from the UK.

The doctor asked for a different number - But will make suer Tom is equipped with the UCI and application numbers if we don't have anything by then. God I'm such a numpty. Of all the parts to get wrong!

thanks again for your help.
Old Jun 14th 2018, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

Also I have discovered you can't call the CIC from outside canada. their phone number just doesn't work (tried on skype) so have sent another case specific enquiry asking them to correct the email address.

What do we do now?!?!?!!? should I just send schedule A by post? I would have thought that these correspondences sh/would appear in MY GCKey as that is where you upload them, no?

(sulks off and kicks herself)
Old Jun 14th 2018, 2:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

You can't phone the CIC 'helpline' from the UK as you've discovered, but it's pointless anyway - as said above, it's pretty useless. It's staffed by call centre workers reading off scripts, they can't actually do much to help other than answer basic questions (and most of those they seem to get wrong).

You've sent a case specific email which is the best thing to do, so all you can do now is sit tight and wait for them to respond.
Old Jun 14th 2018, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You can't phone the CIC 'helpline' from the UK as you've discovered, but it's pointless anyway - as said above, it's pretty useless. It's staffed by call centre workers reading off scripts, they can't actually do much to help other than answer basic questions (and most of those they seem to get wrong).

You've sent a case specific email which is the best thing to do, so all you can do now is sit tight and wait for them to respond.
Thanks. I actually did get through to someone on a local (ottawa) number from a facebook group I'm on. The guy was pretty helpful though couldn't resend the emails as PA is at work and he'd need to speak to him and not me as we didn't do a 'representative' form (which i will do now) so we will try calling again later when hubby gets home. Fingers crossed we get someone clever like I just did! He DID however basically just point me in the direction of a case specific email to update the mistake... i also found out that because they emailed the requests they don't appear in MyGCKey which is why I can't see anything in the messages section in there... Seems odd to have that and not use it in case of problems like this... Here's hoping it all works out!