Wikiposts

Consulting the oracle!!

Old Jan 16th 2008, 5:04 am
Just Joined

T35CHY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Consulting the oracle!!

Been looking at this emigration to Canada m'larky, on and off for years, but this year we are now commited 100% to it. So i pose a few questions for you who have done it, are doing it, or those of you in the "know"!!

First question I have, had a drink driving ban, licience back in 2005, so is that 2010 before I can even do the rehabilitation, or can I do it early under "for information only" check box, and they might say yes or no?? bit confused with this "for information only".

Im not overly concerned if I have to wait untill 2010, more time to save more money

Second question if my wife (shes always been a law abiding citizen, boring!!) applies and Im second applicant does the drink driving still count?(she is looking forward to someone saying she can apply and go, but leave me here!! so dont say anything )

I have an aunty(art dealer) and uncle(real estate) in BC and cousins all over Canada, is this of any help to my application?

We were going to try the quick way in, go over find a job, then apply for PR, but until we know about the first and second question, umm I dont know, o0o0o im confusing myself now Can I start the PR (5yr route) with the DD, or do i still have to wait untill 2010??

If Ive confused anyone, Im sorry, Ive confused myself so I must have caught someone else out!!

I thank you

Simon
Old Jan 16th 2008, 5:52 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Consulting the oracle!!

Hi

Originally Posted by T35CHY
Been looking at this emigration to Canada m'larky, on and off for years, but this year we are now commited 100% to it. So i pose a few questions for you who have done it, are doing it, or those of you in the "know"!!

First question I have, had a drink driving ban, licience back in 2005, so is that 2010 before I can even do the rehabilitation, or can I do it early under "for information only" check box, and they might say yes or no?? bit confused with this "for information only".

Im not overly concerned if I have to wait untill 2010, more time to save more money

Second question if my wife (shes always been a law abiding citizen, boring!!) applies and Im second applicant does the drink driving still count?(she is looking forward to someone saying she can apply and go, but leave me here!! so dont say anything )

I have an aunty(art dealer) and uncle(real estate) in BC and cousins all over Canada, is this of any help to my application?

We were going to try the quick way in, go over find a job, then apply for PR, but until we know about the first and second question, umm I dont know, o0o0o im confusing myself now Can I start the PR (5yr route) with the DD, or do i still have to wait untill 2010??

If Ive confused anyone, Im sorry, Ive confused myself so I must have caught someone else out!!

I thank you

Simon
1. You can apply for rehab "information only" but it probably won't do much good, you are probably going to have to wait until 2010 + the length of sentence if any.
2. If you are inadmissible, she is also inadmissible, it doesn't matter who is principle applicant.
3. Blood aunt/uncle would give you 5 adaptability points, if they are residing in Canada.
4. You are prohibited as a visitor until you have been rehabilitated.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 6:17 am
Just Joined

T35CHY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Consulting the oracle!!

More time to save then, thanks for that PMM!!