consultants

Old Apr 16th 2009, 7:49 am
Just Joined

delbert is an unknown quantity at this point
Default consultants

Hi,

I have been offered a job in Saskatoon and the employer is prepared to wait till I have obtained permanent residence via the PNP(very good of him).
However he has suggested that he uses a Consultant to whom he has past my details.
He(consultant) rang me tonight very keen for me to go over on a work visa then apply for PNP.The fee roughly $7000 ha,ha,ha,
Why the bloody hell would I want to pay $7000 when you can do the paper work yourself.He was quite insistant that we should go this route and I told him abruptly that I do not agree.
Because of this consultant my job offer may be a bit insecure,I am not willing to spend my money on a pen pusher.I shall have to speak to the employer again hoping that he will understand.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: consultants

Originally Posted by delbert
Hi,

I have been offered a job in Saskatoon and the employer is prepared to wait till I have obtained permanent residence via the PNP(very good of him).
However he has suggested that he uses a Consultant to whom he has past my details.
He(consultant) rang me tonight very keen for me to go over on a work visa then apply for PNP.The fee roughly $7000 ha,ha,ha,
Why the bloody hell would I want to pay $7000 when you can do the paper work yourself.He was quite insistant that we should go this route and I told him abruptly that I do not agree.
Because of this consultant my job offer may be a bit insecure,I am not willing to spend my money on a pen pusher.I shall have to speak to the employer again hoping that he will understand.
Hi delbert
Must be some pen he's pushing for $7k .
Regards
Joinerboy
Old Apr 16th 2009, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

ScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to all

Originally Posted by delbert
Hi,

it must be written in gold ink! Unless you have a complicated situation I recommend DIY. I did and it saved me a fortune, it did cost a lot of time for research and headaches, worry etc... however now its over I would do definitely say it easy enough to do yourself, if your thorough.
That being said the consultants on this forum are excellent with providing help and if you want the peace of mind to use one of them.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 11:21 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by ScottDrummer
it must be written in gold ink! Unless you have a complicated situation I recommend DIY. I did and it saved me a fortune, it did cost a lot of time for research and headaches, worry etc... however now its over I would do definitely say it easy enough to do yourself, if your thorough.
That being said the consultants on this forum are excellent with providing help and if you want the peace of mind to use one of them.
I hope that this is not a variation on the employers selling AEOs in Canada. There are employers who have been selling the approved AEOs to applicants, with the applicants knowing full well that the job doesn't really exist.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 6:02 am
Just Joined

delbert is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ScottDrummer
Thats the problem,I want to do it myself but if the employer is influenced by the consultant I shall have to try and persuade the employer otherwise.