Consultant recommendation

Old May 8th 2019, 1:50 am
Just Joined

Nadine75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Consultant recommendation

Hi, me and my family are intending to immigrate from uk to Canada next year, we would like to go with a consultant to guide us through the visa process and assist us also post immigration and jobs.
Has anyone used a consultant/company that they would recommend please?
Thankyou
nadine
Old May 8th 2019, 1:59 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Consultant recommendation

Originally Posted by Nadine75
Hi, me and my family are intending to immigrate from uk to Canada next year, we would like to go with a consultant to guide us through the visa process and assist us also post immigration and jobs.
Has anyone used a consultant/company that they would recommend please?
Thankyou
nadine
Hi, and welcome to BE.

An immi consultant isn't allowed to help you find work, they just help with the visa side of things, so you'd need an immi consultant and then employment agencies etc.

Is there a reason you feel that you need to use a consultant though? IMO, you'd be better off putting the few thousand you'd spend on hiring a consultant towards the move instead. Most visa routes are all done online anyway, and you have to gather all of the paperwork etc, so a consultant really only is needed if you have complicated circumstances i.e. medical issues or a criminal record. If you have a straightforward app, then it's pretty easy, particularly now you've found the wonderful BE and we can help with any questions!

What visa route are you planing on going down?
Old May 8th 2019, 2:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi, and welcome to BE.

An immi consultant isn't allowed to help you find work, they just help with the visa side of things, so you'd need an immi consultant and then employment agencies etc.

Is there a reason you feel that you need to use a consultant though? IMO, you'd be better off putting the few thousand you'd spend on hiring a consultant towards the move instead. Most visa routes are all done online anyway, and you have to gather all of the paperwork etc, so a consultant really only is needed if you have complicated circumstances i.e. medical issues or a criminal record. If you have a straightforward app, then it's pretty easy, particularly now you've found the wonderful BE and we can help with any questions!

What visa route are you planing on going down?
Hi,
thankyou for your reply.
We are hoping to go through the express entry skilled workers visa route.Me and my husband will be leaving the British army in a years time. My husband is a artificer - mechanical engineer manager, he holds a hnd diploma and I work in hr and hold a degree. We have not thought of going alone as didn’t want to get our application wrong and felt we needed support/guidance.
Any help is most appreciated as this is all new to us. Thanks
Old May 8th 2019, 2:27 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
thankyou for your reply.
We are hoping to go through the express entry skilled workers visa route.Me and my husband will be leaving the British army in a years time. My husband is a artificer - mechanical engineer manager, he holds a hnd diploma and I work in hr and hold a degree. We have not thought of going alone as didn’t want to get our application wrong and felt we needed support/guidance.
Any help is most appreciated as this is all new to us. Thanks

Sounds like you've got a fairly straightforward application then, which is good. There's very little that you can get wrong tbh, if you just follow the info on the CIC website and on this forum, and people here are always very happy to help with any questions. We have a few pro's that give their time for free, others who work for CIC, etc.

If you're eligible now, then personally I wouldn't delay your application, once you've got PR then you have almost 4 years before you actually have to move, so plenty of time. But you never know when CIC will change the goalposts and potentially scrap an immigration program completely! Or with EE, possibly change the points system, which may cause you issues. So if you're definitely eligible now, then I'd get cracking personally.

What are you scoring on the CRS, are you well above the minimum?
Old May 8th 2019, 2:57 am
Just Joined

Hi, we have not completed any official language tests yet, so we are unable to use the crs tool to get an idea of points.
I guess it would be a good start to look into where we could go to take the language tests in the uk. Thanks
Old May 8th 2019, 3:03 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Hi, we have not completed any official language tests yet, so we are unable to use the crs tool to get an idea of points.
I guess it would be a good start to look into where we could go to take the language tests in the uk. Thanks
You don't need to have taken the tests, it's only to get an idea and make sure you would score enough. No point in spending hundreds on ECA's and IELTS tests if you wouldn't score enough anyway! Just assume max points for English for now, as native speakers.

For IELTS, you need to go to one of their test centres, click on the link on this page to find your nearest - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...e-testing.html

HTH.
Old May 8th 2019, 3:23 am
SUPER MODERATOR

P.S. Do take the points test for each of you to see who should be the principal applicant - probably you as you have a degree, but worth checking for both of you.
Old May 8th 2019, 4:12 am
Just Joined

Thankyou, we will look tonight 😉
Old May 15th 2019, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

Rabbithole has a reputation beyond reputeRabbithole has a reputation beyond reputeRabbithole has a reputation beyond reputeRabbithole has a reputation beyond reputeRabbithole has a reputation beyond reputeRabbithole has a reputation beyond reputeRabbithole has a reputation beyond reputeRabbithole has a reputation beyond reputeRabbithole has a reputation beyond reputeRabbithole has a reputation beyond reputeRabbithole has a reputation beyond repute

I really thought we would need to use a consultant to help us with our application and I asked the same question here six months ago (and received the same response back). Because of age and points we are travelling over on a study visa so thought a consultant would be are only choice as I didn’t want to mess up my college application. I took the plunge to do it myself starting November last year. My college application was successful and I I completed our visa application via CIC in February. We are now just getting ready to leave as a family of 4 at the end of June.
Any questions you have, no matter how small (or majorly complicated) can be answered here. The members are absolutely brilliant and will always help. We saved a fortune not using a consultant and the sense of “I did it” is an amazing feeling to have. Good luck.
Old May 15th 2019, 8:35 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rabbithole
I really thought we would need to use a consultant to help us with our application and I asked the same question here six months ago (and received the same response back). Because of age and points we are travelling over on a study visa so thought a consultant would be are only choice as I didn’t want to mess up my college application. I took the plunge to do it myself starting November last year. My college application was successful and I I completed our visa application via CIC in February. We are now just getting ready to leave as a family of 4 at the end of June.
Any questions you have, no matter how small (or majorly complicated) can be answered here. The members are absolutely brilliant and will always help. We saved a fortune not using a consultant and the sense of “I did it” is an amazing feeling to have. Good luck.
I completely agree. Because of the required paperwork, my application was a little more awkward and bulky than most but the advice from several members on here (Christmasoompa especially) enabled me to secure PR through FSW on my own without any consultant's "assistance". The simple truth is that you rarely need one and they don't have special backdoor routes to force your application through the system, regardless of what some of them might tell you.