Consultant or not?

Old Aug 1st 2005, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

rgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to behold
Default Consultant or not?

This is my first posting on this web. My husband and I are considering applying as skilled workers. I have done the test on the embassy web site and we appear to gain the necessary points. I would think our application would be fairly straightforward. In terms of applying for visas have people mainly applied themselves or used a consultant? It is fairly straightforward to apply or is it advisable to use a consultant? Any advice?

Thanks
Old Aug 1st 2005, 7:51 am

Malcolm Bamford is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: Consultant or not?

After getting together all the letters from universities and employers it took us a total of 6 hours non stop checking and collating all the necessary documents needed.
If you are methodical and can apply yourself without distractions I cant see a problem with anyone doing their own application.
The resources and documentation are available online, I do recommend you get a copy of acrobat (full version) so you can save the forms you fill out.

Dont forget to check out the London Embassy website as their is an additional form that has to be completed when applying through London CIC.

http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/e_index.htm

Good luck
Old Aug 1st 2005, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

proo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to all
Default Re: Consultant or not?

Originally Posted by rgilbert
This is my first posting on this web. My husband and I are considering applying as skilled workers. I have done the test on the embassy web site and we appear to gain the necessary points. I would think our application would be fairly straightforward. In terms of applying for visas have people mainly applied themselves or used a consultant? It is fairly straightforward to apply or is it advisable to use a consultant? Any advice?

Thanks
We did everything ourselves without any problems. The info on the website answer most questions you may have otherwise you can email the embassy. Just be organised and hand in a clear application (we put cover pages for each section to show what each supporting document was for and for who). I think it helped as we didn't need any interviews and everything happened in less than the minimum time quoted.
Good luck!
Old Aug 1st 2005, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

Is the extra form you mentioned just for skilled worker applications?
Old Aug 1st 2005, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

rynhelcanada is an unknown quantity at this point

If you have a straight forward application do it yourself and save the money. We paid a fortune for a consultant and is SOOOO wasn't worth it! We still had to do all the work ourselves!

Helen