Conjugal Partners

Old Sep 15th 2004, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

Witch55 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Conjugal Partners

Hello,
I am a Canadian citizen and my boyfriend is from the UK. We met here in Canada while he was here on a working visa. We lived together in Canada for 7months then he left to go home when his visa expired... now 7 months after he has left i want to sponsor him to come across... Can anyone tell me if we will qualify? The definitions very from site to site and are kind of vauge... Or if you have any other suggestions on how he can come back accross (for longer than a year, hopefully!) I would be so thankful.
Cheers,
Witch55
Old Sep 15th 2004, 1:39 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Conjugal Partners

Conjugal category is not that easy and CHC London has quite strict policy not to approve those who don't have other than convenience or their own plans reasons not to get married or to meet definition of common-law partners. It is not a category designed to replaced eliminated long ago fiancee category - it is for partners who are in bona fide conjugal relationship (with all elements of interdependency) who cannot either get married or be common-law partners for legal or other reasons beyond their control, reagardless well documented trying. Did you follow him to UK to continue living with him? Did you try to extend his stay here? Have you or him been refused visa and this is why you cannot live together? Do you share financial resources, are you an exclusive couple? Are you unable to get married? If not then you are not really conjugal partners.

You didn't provide any information here that would allow for assessment of your chances. Fact that you lived together for 7 months is not enough.

Originally Posted by Witch55
Hello,
I am a Canadian citizen and my boyfriend is from the UK. We met here in Canada while he was here on a working visa. We lived together in Canada for 7months then he left to go home when his visa expired... now 7 months after he has left i want to sponsor him to come across... Can anyone tell me if we will qualify? The definitions very from site to site and are kind of vauge... Or if you have any other suggestions on how he can come back accross (for longer than a year, hopefully!) I would be so thankful.
Cheers,
Witch55
Old Sep 15th 2004, 2:04 pm

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Conjugal Partners

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Conjugal category is not that easy and CHC London has quite strict policy not to approve those who don't have other than convenience or their own plans reasons not to get married or to meet definition of common-law partners. It is not a category designed to replaced eliminated long ago fiancee category - it is for partners who are in bona fide conjugal relationship (with all elements of interdependency) who cannot either get married or be common-law partners for legal or other reasons beyond their control, reagardless well documented trying. Did you follow him to UK to continue living with him? Did you try to extend his stay here? Have you or him been refused visa and this is why you cannot live together? Do you share financial resources, are you an exclusive couple? Are you unable to get married? If not then you are not really conjugal partners.

You didn't provide any information here that would allow for assessment of your chances. Fact that you lived together for 7 months is not enough.

Andrew's the Man.