Conjugal Application Refused

Old Dec 4th 2003, 2:39 am
ejp
Just Joined

ejp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Conjugal Application Refused

I had my interview yesterday for Conjugal Partner,I was refused.

I'm not going to give a detailed account of our application however we were sure we had a good case considering our (what we thought were at least) 'exceptional circumstances' and what information you get from the guides and the IRPA law.

We're not stupid by any means and we see other people applying in this category like us. The immigration guides are misleading, unhelpful and wrong it seems, especially when you take in to account what you eventually get told by immigration officers in London.

We would advise anyone applying through the London office as Conjugal Partners to look long and hard at your reasons for doing so. They WILL expect you to live together no matter what the costs (i'm not just talking financially) are. At the interview they seemed to have odd notions of what one can do regardless of cost in monetry/physical/emotional terms.

Yes we are both very upset and angry that the guides are so misleading. I know what Andrew Miller might say as I have read his posts on this subject before (and partly I agree with him and am thankful for his helpful comments). However if Canada is serious about taking into account new family relationships and social realities then it should implement them properly and explain it extremly carefully and clearly in the guides.

At the interview it was quite clear that their minds had already been made up 7 months ago when we applied, and the answer was no. No amount of explaining/arguing, quoting the guide/Opertaions Manual was going to help us. I wish they had told us this at the begining rather than wait 7 months and tell us in an interview.

I could go on about the injustice of it all and how we have seen people applying through other offices with similar cases get accepted (e.g. LA), but at the end of the day what good will it do? Just because it is horribly unfair won't change our circumstances.

Well that's it,

ejp and co.

P.S. Also please note that I know for a fact that they read these newsgoups and websites! Although the officer tried to say (casually) that they didn't really check them it was quite clear that they do. So careful with ones language and the like, especially if your application is still pending.