British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   This is confusing: PR CARD (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/confusing-pr-card-699226/)

didik Jan 4th 2011 11:11 pm

This is confusing: PR CARD

Dear all
I am going to land shortly, and wondering what to do as a 'newly landed' immigrant to apply for the PR Card.

1. People have been talking about problems with the photos.
When should i gave them the photos? at the border?
What to do in order to avoid the photo 'problems'?

2. Do I have to fill out any forms?

Thanks
ddk

Zoe Bell Jan 4th 2011 11:41 pm

Re: This is confusing: PR CARD

They use the photos on your COPR , which are ones you gave already submitted , so you can't do anything now.

There are no forms to fill in fir your first card unless you can't provide them with a Canadian address

didik Jan 5th 2011 2:45 am

Thanks for your reply.

The new regulation (July 2010) required between 25mm and 30 mm from chin to crown.

I submitted photos before July 2010 with the old dimension: between 31-36mm from chin to crown.

is there any thing i can do to submit the photo? or give the photo to the visa officer during the landing process?

Thanks
ddk

PMM Jan 5th 2011 3:21 am

Hi

Originally Posted by didik (Post 9078188)
Thanks for your reply.

The new regulation (July 2010) required between 25mm and 30 mm from chin to crown.

I submitted photos before July 2010 with the old dimension: between 31-36mm from chin to crown.

is there any thing i can do to submit the photo? or give the photo to the visa officer during the landing process?

Thanks
ddk

Yes bring new photos to the "landing" or have the officer take new pictures.

didik Jan 5th 2011 3:27 am

Thanks PMM and Zoe for your responses.

ddk

reddy001 Jan 5th 2011 10:04 am

I am landing on 31/jan... Can we ask Immigration officer 2 take pics in the airport ??? for PR Card

Matteo Jan 5th 2011 11:46 am

This application is for people with permanent resident status in Canada, who are applying for their first Permanent Resident card (PR card) or for a renewal or replacement of a PR card.

The PR card is a status document that provides secure proof of permanent resident status.

Zoe Bell Jan 5th 2011 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by Matteo (Post 9079050)
This application is for people with permanent resident status in Canada, who are applying for their first Permanent Resident card (PR card) or for a renewal or replacement of a PR card.

The PR card is a status document that provides secure proof of permanent resident status.

And this is helpful how .........?:confused::confused::confused:

christmasoompa Jan 5th 2011 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell (Post 9079129)
And this is helpful how .........?:confused::confused::confused:

Notice the karma button is missing on his post - indicating he's been banned. Not a genuine member. ;):)

Zoe Bell Jan 5th 2011 3:10 pm

ah ha ,

funny enought didn't notice the lack of Karma button , wasn't really intending to give him any :p

christmasoompa Jan 5th 2011 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell (Post 9079443)
ah ha ,

funny enought didn't notice the lack of Karma button , wasn't really intending to give him any :p

Can't imagine why! :lol:

rivingtonpike Jan 5th 2011 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 9079435)
Notice the karma button is missing on his post - indicating he's been banned. Not a genuine member. ;):)

Can't their IP addresses be blacklisted?

drabux Jan 5th 2011 9:31 pm

Lots of people have had their photos refused. I had this and had to go through the minor trouble of having my photo taken in Windsor immigration office. Not a great deal you can do now, I suspect.

The other thing is that you should carefully check the COPR, which is completed by the immigration officer when you land (check that all the boxes have been completed before you sign). They frequently make mistakes and it's a real pain to correct. Guess how I know that!

Alanb

drabux Jan 5th 2011 9:35 pm

PS On the back of the COPR you will see a key which explains what each of the numbered boxes refer to. Even though you might want to get it all done and dusted as soon as possible, take your time checking all of this.

Alanb

didik Jan 5th 2011 9:49 pm

Hi thanks again for all of the responses. Because i will be only 'visiting' Canada for a few days and wont be able to go back there for a while, i want to make sure that the PR Card will be issued without requiring me go to back there (to sign a document, to take another picture, etc).
Thanks.
ddk