Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Confused London April 04 AOR applicant need advice plz

Confused London April 04 AOR applicant need advice plz

Old Jul 17th 2005, 10:26 am
Just Joined

ear00jk will become famous soon enough
Default Confused London April 04 AOR applicant need advice plz

I am a Pakistani national and have applied along with my wife and one child from London as Skilled worker with April o4 AOR. I am on a student visa which is going to expire by 30 September 04. Actually I have finished my studies in March o4 and am only waiting for my IA but unluckily the process has slowed down significantly in London against my expectations and planning. I am really confused and considering following options and any relevant advice will be much appreciated.

1. I am staying in UK till end of September in the hope that i will get IA by that time. I am hoping for an interview waiver as i have submitted all the relevant documents includingTOEFL scores ( self assessment score 71). I cannot afford to stay beyond september due to job and family commitments back in my home country. I dont have even any valid reason to extend my visa.

2. In case i do not hear by end of September or I am invited for an interview beyond september, then i will consider to transfer my file to Pakistan. But i am not quite sure at which stage i can tranfer my case and what is the procedure for that. i am aware that file tranfer will further delay my case.

3. I leave UK by end of September and my friends in UK can forward any correspondence from CHC to me in Pakistan. But in case i am inivited for an interview then the things will get complicated again. It will be costly and even getting a visa to attend inteview in UK will be a difficult and uncertain process itself.

Keeping in view the above options, I am looking forward for any advice from experts.

Kind regards
Old Jul 17th 2005, 10:39 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Confused London April 04 AOR applicant need advice plz

1. TOEFL is not an acceptable proof of proficiency in English. Take IELTS test and submit results pronto.

2. File transfer is no longer available on demand and most visa posts now assess case on the basis what they have and in most cases just refuse application if applicant can't attend interview.

3. Wouldn't it (under circimstances you see now) be less expensive if you would have hired reputable immigration practitioner to start with, to assure that case is prepared well and interview waiver is more likely? If you submitted TOEFL then one can only guess what else you submitted wrong and what you didn't submit. It may be a good idea to get assistance now, before it is too late - experienced practitioner will be able to find what needs to be improved in your package, what needs to be added, addressed and documented to give you better chance for waiver.

Originally Posted by ear00jk
I am a Pakistani national and have applied along with my wife and one child from London as Skilled worker with April o4 AOR. I am on a student visa which is going to expire by 30 September 04. Actually I have finished my studies in March o4 and am only waiting for my IA but unluckily the process has slowed down significantly in London against my expectations and planning. I am really confused and considering following options and any relevant advice will be much appreciated.

1. I am staying in UK till end of September in the hope that i will get IA by that time. I am hoping for an interview waiver as i have submitted all the relevant documents includingTOEFL scores ( self assessment score 71). I cannot afford to stay beyond september due to job and family commitments back in my home country. I dont have even any valid reason to extend my visa.

2. In case i do not hear by end of September or I am invited for an interview beyond september, then i will consider to transfer my file to Pakistan. But i am not quite sure at which stage i can tranfer my case and what is the procedure for that. i am aware that file tranfer will further delay my case.

3. I leave UK by end of September and my friends in UK can forward any correspondence from CHC to me in Pakistan. But in case i am inivited for an interview then the things will get complicated again. It will be costly and even getting a visa to attend inteview in UK will be a difficult and uncertain process itself.

Keeping in view the above options, I am looking forward for any advice from experts.

Kind regards
Old Jul 17th 2005, 11:20 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
1. TOEFL is not an acceptable proof of proficiency in English. Take IELTS test and submit results pronto.

2. File transfer is no longer available on demand and most visa posts now assess case on the basis what they have and in most cases just refuse application if applicant can't attend interview.

3. Wouldn't it (under circimstances you see now) be less expensive if you would have hired reputable immigration practitioner to start with, to assure that case is prepared well and interview waiver is more likely? If you submitted TOEFL then one can only guess what else you submitted wrong and what you didn't submit. It may be a good idea to get assistance now, before it is too late - experienced practitioner will be able to find what needs to be improved in your package, what needs to be added, addressed and documented to give you better chance for waiver.
Thanks Mr. Miller for your prompt response and advice. My mistake, I have submitted IELTS not TOEFL as proof of english proficency. Actually I have not applied through an immigration practitioner but all my package was checked by an immigration expert. is it advisable to engage an immigration expert at this stage when I am expecting IA anytime? and how he can help me at this stage.
Old Jul 17th 2005, 11:32 am

I can't tell - if your package was checked by reputable, experienced and authorized immigration practitioner then you most likely have nothing to worry. But if it was checked by someone who is not authorized then I would worry.

Thanks Mr. Miller for your prompt response and advice. My mistake, I have submitted IELTS not TOEFL as proof of english proficency. Actually I have not applied through an immigration practitioner but all my package was checked by an immigration expert. is it advisable to engage an immigration expert at this stage when I am expecting IA anytime? and how he can help me at this stage.
Old Jul 18th 2005, 8:12 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Could this applicant (or any other applicant) submit TOEFL scores post-application? Even if he has the required number of points, would his points total be boosted?

I am beginning to think that in the case of a backlog, CIC would give preferential treatment to those with the most points.
Old Jul 18th 2005, 8:19 am

TOEFL is useless, it must be IELTS or CELPIP test result.

Proof of proficiency in English and/or French must be included with application - if it is not then application will likely be returned.

Evidence of improved language skills may be added later as addition to what has to be included in the package

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Could this applicant (or any other applicant) submit TOEFL scores post-application? Even if he has the required number of points, would his points total be boosted?

I am beginning to think that in the case of a backlog, CIC would give preferential treatment to those with the most points.
Old Jul 18th 2005, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

bhalerao is on a distinguished road

Maaaaannnn,

Who on earth told u to through this immigration process with such liabilities on your shoulders. Well now the only thing you can do is to wait and watch. Either go back to ur country of origin or get your visa extended saying that u want to visit UK as you didnt have time u do so while you were a student. I think all the countries have this provision of extension on this ground. Try this way. This is not a loophole in the sys this is just a way out.
Old Jul 18th 2005, 8:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bhalerao
Maaaaannnn,

Who on earth told u to through this immigration process with such liabilities on your shoulders. Well now the only thing you can do is to wait and watch. Either go back to ur country of origin or get your visa extended saying that u want to visit UK as you didnt have time u do so while you were a student. I think all the countries have this provision of extension on this ground. Try this way. This is not a loophole in the sys this is just a way out.
Dear Bhalrao

thanks very much for advice. My situation is a bit complex from other applicants as I am in transition and things are not going as planned. anyhow i am optimistic and hoping that i would get an IA before end of September and possibly an interview waiver.
Old Jul 18th 2005, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

p177772005 is on a distinguished road

Dear Bhalrao

thanks very much for advice. My situation is a bit complex from other applicants as I am in transition and things are not going as planned. anyhow i am optimistic and hoping that i would get an IA before end of September and possibly an interview waiver.
I had the same situation as yours few months ago and CHC, Sydney did nothing. I was in New Zealand while applying and my visa was due to expire in 6 months. Acc to one of CHC, Sydney email processing time was 6 months outside Canada for partners. So, acc to us, we had enough time. But, our mistake, we didn't added the time taken by sponsorship approval and CSQ in 6 months. Real time estimate would have been 10 months.

After 6 months, my visa expired and I had to come back to India. I did call CHC, Sydney few times to say that please transfer my file to New Delhi or at least let me have the interview in Delhi. And what happens next is that I get a letter to attend the interview in Sydney. I was so angry that time. But, couldn't do anything.

So, had to go to Sydney, Australia for interview and thanks to god that I got the PR. Very expensive to go to another country just for an interview. After the interview, my interview officer said that I was lucky that my file didn't get transferred to Delhi as many of their officers are on holidays. I didn't say anything but I did think that how come most of your officers are on holidays from last 4 months.

So, don't expect anything from CHC. They are never going to do what and how you want them to do.