Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Confused with documentation needed

Confused with documentation needed

Old Aug 13th 2019, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

Tasha1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Confused with documentation needed

We have finally bit the bullet and decided to try and immigrate to Canada based on hubbys skills. Quick low down on him.

46 years old
20+ years as a qualified Electrical engineer
IELTS booked for this coming Saturday

Now i need help.....We would like to go to Nova Scotia down the skilled worker route. Once IELTS results are in i understand we need to apply for express entry?
We would be going under NOC 7242 (Industrial Electrician).

Because hubby is old i understand this is a major issue so need to get as many points as possible, high IELTS score, ECA for his schooling up to sixth form as he did an apprenticeship after this? Job offer
Do i need to get his engineering certificates recognized? How do i get proof of certification?

Sorry for the 101 questions. Ive been researching since friday and still a bit clueless

Old Aug 13th 2019, 7:13 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confused with documentation needed

Originally Posted by Tasha1979
We have finally bit the bullet and decided to try and immigrate to Canada based on hubbys skills. Quick low down on him.

46 years old
20+ years as a qualified Electrical engineer
IELTS booked for this coming Saturday

Now i need help.....We would like to go to Nova Scotia down the skilled worker route. Once IELTS results are in i understand we need to apply for express entry?
We would be going under NOC 7242 (Industrial Electrician).

Because hubby is old i understand this is a major issue so need to get as many points as possible, high IELTS score, ECA for his schooling up to sixth form as he did an apprenticeship after this? Job offer
Do i need to get his engineering certificates recognized? How do i get proof of certification?

Sorry for the 101 questions. Ive been researching since friday and still a bit clueless
Hello and welcome to BE!

I've move your post to our Immigration Forum so you get answers from people in the know

Regarding certificates he will need to obtain his Certificate of Qualification (C o Q) - challenging based on experience - from Nova Scotia (or whichever Province you want to move to) - once he has that it will increase your points and he will be able to apply under Express Entry Federal Skilled Worker (Trades)

The term "Electrical Engineer" is a protected profession, if he is an industrial electrician it's not the same thing. https://engineersnovascotia.ca/ https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/marketrepo...ts/17843/22390

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 13th 2019 at 7:16 pm.
Old Aug 14th 2019, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

Tasha1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Confused with documentation needed

Hi,
thanks for your reply. Yes I understand he wont be an Electrical Engineer in Canada, hence we are going down the Industrial electrician route.

Will look into CoQ as I kind of guessed this was needed

Thanks again!