Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Confused about Medical for immigration from the UK, Help!

Confused about Medical for immigration from the UK, Help!

Old Jan 3rd 2005, 1:13 am
Dismember

scrubbedexpat074 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Confused about Medical for immigration from the UK, Help!

I am in the process of applying for a family class visa to emigrate to Canada from the UK (my wife is a returning Canadian), I sent my application on the 18th of November 2004 and have read a number of posts which state that I should have already taken the medical.

However in "The Immigrant's Guide" (downloaded from the CIC web site) on page 5 under the "Medical Requirements" section it states:

"...the visa office will send you detailed instructions explaining what you and your dependants must do to complete your medical examination."

I understood this to mean that I would not have to take the medical until it was requested by the visa office. Are there different procedures/regulations depending on which country the application is made from or should I have taken the medical already?

Thanks in advance...

Mark
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 1:45 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confused about Medical for immigration from the UK, Help!

Originally Posted by ziggy8080
I am in the process of applying for a family class visa to emigrate to Canada from the UK (my wife is a returning Canadian), I sent my application on the 18th of November 2004 and have read a number of posts which state that I should have already taken the medical.

However in "The Immigrant's Guide" (downloaded from the CIC web site) on page 5 under the "Medical Requirements" section it states:

"...the visa office will send you detailed instructions explaining what you and your dependants must do to complete your medical examination."

I understood this to mean that I would not have to take the medical until it was requested by the visa office. Are there different procedures/regulations depending on which country the application is made from or should I have taken the medical already?

Thanks in advance...

Mark
You need the Guide for sponsored spouse applications.
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 2:32 am
Dismember

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
You need the Guide for sponsored spouse applications.
Thanks, a little more searching on the CIC site led me to this:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applica...html#wp1046518

which seems to indicate that the medical can be done either before or after the initial application with the whole process being made quicker by taking the medical before applying...

Are both options ok, or should i get the medical done asap and submit it seperately?

Also, should i have had security checks done by now as well?

thanks

Last edited by scrubbedexpat074; Jan 3rd 2005 at 3:23 am.
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 3:42 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Why do you do it the hard way? Why you browse through various pages not related to your immigration class?

Follow instructions from here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applications/fc.html

You will find that medicals must be done upfront if you are a sponsored spouse.

Thanks, a little more searching on the CIC site led me to this:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applica...html#wp1046518

which seems to indicate that the medical can be done either before or after the initial application with the whole process being made quicker by taking the medical before applying...

Are both options ok, or should i get the medical done asap and submit it seperately?

Also, should i have had security checks done by now as well?

thanks
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 4:15 am
Dismember

Thanks

I had (stupidly) confused my immigration guides and followed the family class guide rather than that for spouses.

Is there anyway I can retrieve my application or do I simply have to wait until it is returned to me? As yet I do not have received any notification or a case file to pursue.

Thanks

Mark
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 4:49 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

There is no way to add anything at this stage as CPC Mississauga (where the entire package - sponsorship application and your PR application - should have been submitted) is using a single step processing. They open the package and process it the same day - if you are lucky your application will not be returned and after sponsor is approved package will ge forwarded to CHC London. Once you get file number from London then immediately submit receipt of medicals done. Do medicals now.

If you are not lucky the entire package will be returned to you.

Thanks

I had (stupidly) confused my immigration guides and followed the family class guide rather than that for spouses.

Is there anyway I can retrieve my application or do I simply have to wait until it is returned to me? As yet I do not have received any notification or a case file to pursue.

Thanks

Mark