Confused about LMO

Old Sep 17th 2008, 6:04 am
Just Joined

NettieBubble is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Confused about LMO

Hi All

I've just had a conversation with the HR woman at the Jasper Park Lodge. She said that the hotel would NOT be able to get an LMO for me but that she knew that other English workers had been able to obtain a TWP with just a job offer and no LMO. I'm confused as I was under the impression that you need to have both. I was so excited about receiving a response to my job application and now I've come back down to earth with a bump!

Any advice gratefully received.

Jeanette
Old Sep 17th 2008, 6:07 am
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confused about LMO

There are some jobs that are LMO exempt.

Why wouldn't the company be able to apply for an LMO for you?
Old Sep 17th 2008, 6:11 am
Just Joined

NettieBubble is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Confused about LMO

She just said that they wouldn't be able to get it but didn't explain why. She said that her assistant would call me at some point so I don't know whether she will know anything about it. The job is an Accounts Payable job in the Finance department and is not on the OUP list for Alberta so maybe she meant that they CAN'T get an LMO.

I'm about to apply for other ********** where my occupation is on the OUP list so hopefully I might have more luck there.