Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Confused about Canada Immigration via Qubec

Confused about Canada Immigration via Qubec

Old Nov 4th 2004, 11:37 am
Just Joined

Vikas_abrol is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Confused about Canada Immigration via Qubec

Hi Folks,

I wish to migrate to Qubec as a skilled worker, i feel oblized if any one with prior experience'll help me out of my doubt:

1)After getting CSQ, m i allowed to enter Qubec OR after getting CSQ, I have to apply again to Canada Embassy for Permanent Immigration(Which takes a long time of approximately 2 years).

2)what is the approximate time for getting immigration Visa at Paris post.

Cheersssss
Vikas
Old Nov 4th 2004, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

SamJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Confused about Canada Immigration via Qubec

After Getting your CSQ, you will then have to submit a Federal Application using the received CSQ as evidence along with ather requested docs.

For time frames, check out the Canadian embassy in France but bear in mind that those time frames can be different for each applicant.

Hope this helps
Sam
Old Nov 4th 2004, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for ur reply Sam, This would be of great help,

According to you the whole process will take upto 3 years

that is 3 to 6 months in getting CSQ, and about 2 years for Canada immigration(As told to me by friend who just got Immigration to Canada in 2 years) OR the process is faster with CSQ?

My real intention to know is wether i should apply for Qubec immigration or for Canada immigration(under skilled worker catageory) , as i want to save my precious time to make it to Canada.

Also i m eligible for both catagories, as i checked on CIC website i m getting 70 points

So please advise me what to do?????Canada or Qubec????

Thanks !! once again Sam

Cheers !
Old Nov 5th 2004, 3:29 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vikas_abrol
that is 3 to 6 months in getting CSQ, and about 2 years for Canada immigration(As told to me by friend who just got Immigration to Canada in 2 years) OR the process is faster with CSQ?
It's not a question of whether the 'process is faster' or not - the first question is do you intend to live in Quebec or not? If not, then forget the idea of going for a CSQ and apply for federal if you qualify.

Quebec has its own system for selecting who obtains a CSQ - needless to say they do look for proficiency in French (Quebec is a French speaking province).

You can only apply to CIC Paris if you are a citizen or legal resident of one of the territories within its jurisdiction. Processing times for CIC offices are on the CIC office.

Jeremy
Old Nov 5th 2004, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

SamJ is an unknown quantity at this point

JAJ has said it all

if you do not intend to reside in Quebec plzzzzzzzzzz submit an application for a CSQ. Go directly thru the federal government with your score of 70.
Old Nov 5th 2004, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

Tx Jaj nd Sam for ur responses. i ll do the same as suggested by u ...ll apply for federal
Old Nov 5th 2004, 11:21 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SamJ
JAJ has said it all

if you do not intend to reside in Quebec plzzzzzzzzzz submit an application for a CSQ. Go directly thru the federal government with your score of 70.
I presume you mean 'do not submit'.

Just to clarify:

- If you intend to reside in Quebec, apply for CSQ (then then for federal with a CSQ).
- If you intend to reside anywhere else in Canada, apply for federal either directly or with another (non-Quebec) PNP certificate.

Jeremy