Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Confirmation of Spousal sponsorship forms?

Confirmation of Spousal sponsorship forms?

Old Nov 10th 2011, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

Stevo78x is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Confirmation of Spousal sponsorship forms?

Hi - can anyone help me??? Have submitted my husbands forms for Spousal sponsorship and haven't received any confirmation that these have been received. I know they were delivered in Canada as had them tracked by the post office (although Im afraid I dont have 100% confidence in the british PO :-) ) but concerned if I should or should not expect confirmation.
Worried that I might get to the date they will be processing and suddenly tell me they have no record of it.

Any help and apologies if this is a question already responded to!
Old Nov 10th 2011, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Confirmation of Spousal sponsorship forms?

Originally Posted by Stevo78x
Hi - can anyone help me??? Have submitted my husbands forms for Spousal sponsorship and haven't received any confirmation that these have been received. I know they were delivered in Canada as had them tracked by the post office (although Im afraid I dont have 100% confidence in the british PO :-) ) but concerned if I should or should not expect confirmation.
Worried that I might get to the date they will be processing and suddenly tell me they have no record of it.

Any help and apologies if this is a question already responded to!
I am a bit confused. Did you send them in Canada? If so, you said you had them tracked. Did you check the tracking number? I sent ours last week via Canada Post, had them tracked and asked for a signature. When I go online I can see that it arrived the next day in Missisauga and who signed for it.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

Sorry should have been clearer and going to double check the postage.

I sent them air sure from UK to Mississauga, and it just stated that it had been 'delivered in Canada'!

Just wondering if the CIC office email you when they receive them or if they literally stick them in pile until they start processing.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

victorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond repute

No Missisauga do not confirm receipt. The only way to check is via the method of delivery you chose, so you will have to check with the company you used and find out from their tracking service - assuming you paid for a service that tracks the package to its final destination.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

Great - thanks so much - just have to wait now until they start processing!!

Thanks for your help!
Old Nov 10th 2011, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

victorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond repute

It is frustrating waiting, and there is always that little doubt in case they didn't receive it, but if your tracker says it was delivered, then there is nothing you can do but sit back and wait. I've just done the first stage. My application arrived on 30th August and I got a letter dated 4th Nov in yesterdays post. So all in all, the first stage took 66 days to process. The processing times jumped from something like 35 days to 60+ days sometime in Sept which was very frustrating for me! They gradually crept up each week to 68, 69 then 70 days which is what it has been the last 2-3 weeks. This week is the first time we've seen it reduce in 2 months, and I think it is back down to 68, although I got processed in 66, so it seems like they are speeding up - having said that, with Christmas around the corner, it could slow up again!
Old Nov 10th 2011, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the advice - yeh waiting is my new passtime!
Old Nov 10th 2011, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by victorfoxtrot
It is frustrating waiting, and there is always that little doubt in case they didn't receive it, but if your tracker says it was delivered, then there is nothing you can do but sit back and wait. I've just done the first stage. My application arrived on 30th August and I got a letter dated 4th Nov in yesterdays post. So all in all, the first stage took 66 days to process. The processing times jumped from something like 35 days to 60+ days sometime in Sept which was very frustrating for me! They gradually crept up each week to 68, 69 then 70 days which is what it has been the last 2-3 weeks. This week is the first time we've seen it reduce in 2 months, and I think it is back down to 68, although I got processed in 66, so it seems like they are speeding up - having said that, with Christmas around the corner, it could slow up again!
Right, Christmas around the corner will delay our applications for sure. My husband this morning decided not to come for the month of March like he does each year, so the wait seems even worse this morning.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stevo78x
Thanks for the advice - yeh waiting is my new passtime!
Yep, waiting and reading this post, and being happy for others as they hear great news.