Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Confirmation of receipt Economic/Business SE class

Wikiposts

Confirmation of receipt Economic/Business SE class

Old Oct 27th 2012, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

fortbc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Confirmation of receipt Economic/Business SE class

Hi,

Any guidelines or guesstimates on when we should get a confirmation of receipt for our application? We sent it by courier to Sydney, Nova Scotia CIC where it was signed for on the 9th October.

Thanks
Old Oct 27th 2012, 3:16 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confirmation of receipt Economic/Business SE class

You already have confirmation from the courier including a signature.
Old Oct 27th 2012, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

Yes that is true! But I was hoping to get an idea of the timeframe it might take to hear from CIC in relation to our application. If the next step is potentially months away (or longer) I will try to forget about it till then
Old Oct 27th 2012, 4:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fortbc
Yes that is true! But I was hoping to get an idea of the timeframe it might take to hear from CIC in relation to our application. If the next step is potentially months away (or longer) I will try to forget about it till then
CIC might send an 'acknowledgement of receipt' letter, but its normally quite a while after you apply - at least 2/3 months after.

But given that processing times for SE class are currently approx 4 years (assuming you're a UK citizen), you shouldn't worry if you don't hear anything for a while yet!

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 27th 2012 at 4:30 am.
Old Oct 27th 2012, 4:57 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Good point about the processing time. I had to wonder about that when I read the post... did the OP realise ahead of the game how sloooow this process can be?

I remember telling people about average processing time for FSW when we applied.. 13 months. They thought that was a long time!
Meanwhile... almost 3 years later..... tick tock tick tock!

Business PNP would be a quicker route by far.
Old Oct 27th 2012, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

Thanks guys. Yes we knew it was a very slow process with this one but appears to be our best choice bar sponsorship which will be difficult for us to achieve at the moment. Anyway we live in hope!!