Confirmation of PR has arrived!!!

Old Feb 6th 2012, 5:55 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confirmation of PR has arrived!!!

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Moi fishing for compliments
I know it wasnt me that landed you so no Im not fishing.
It is nice to hear the positives as opposed to the negatives.
Form done - credit given to the officer in question!!

It is a bit of a thankless job, actually - lots of people just passing through, so no relationships established like in a lot of other customer service roles and having to scrutinise everybody and be a bit stern in case they do turn out to be bad guys.

I do think that it is nice to hear when someone is happy about the experience they have had.

I often wonder about those who have the difficult experiences - maybe I have been lucky (in which case I have been lucky a lot of times) but something in me says that maybe the Immigration Officer isn't always the problem....
Old Feb 6th 2012, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

hellcats is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad it is all done and you are there now.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

CanadianDreams is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by helcat12
And the deed is done - "landed" by crossing the US border at Pacific Crossing this afternoon (Sunday 5th Feb 5pm).
Went over to the US for lunch and a bit of a wander round the coast since it was a very nice afternoon.

Once again, the US border guards were very nice and not at all intimidating or frosty.

Then we came back to do the paperwork at the Canada side.

All went beautifully and quickly - not a single other soul in the whole place except us two and the border guards.
Our guy - the only one actually on duty at the desks - was super nice, friendly and had a joke with us.
He gave us a handshake, a Canada pin and a flag and wished us, "Welcome to Canada!".

Just two days under 17 months from application received by CIO to landed immigrants.
I am feeling a bit tearful now we are home, actually.
It has been quite fraught at times with me and OH having to live apart for so long and I wouldn't want to go through that again but it is done now.
Congratulations! Hope your enjoying a wel deserved celebartory tipple tonight!
Old Feb 6th 2012, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, I'm very happy for you
Old Feb 6th 2012, 8:26 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

great news, congrats
Old Feb 6th 2012, 11:52 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks again, everyone.

I can certainly recommend the Pacific Crossing for activating PR on a Superbowl Sunday at about 5pm!