Confirmation of PR has arrived!!!

Old Feb 3rd 2012, 4:20 pm
Here for now

Skimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud ofSkimom has much to be proud of
Default Re: Confirmation of PR has arrived!!!

Great news!
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

hellcats is an unknown quantity at this point

At last. You must be so relieved. x
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 5:32 pm
Permanent Residents

Mac2 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by helcat12
Title says it all.

Today we received the passports back from London with the COPR paperwork.

Now all we have to do is take another trip to the States (only a few miles away, thank goodness) and then get it all official-like!

That is almost exactly 17 months to the day since CIO received our application.
Congrats Helcat12. All the best for the future!
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 5:36 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Why all the congratulations she still has to officially land and could still be refused

Im sure it will be fine.
If they were going to refuse us, they would surely have done so when they saw the last lot of photos we sent - looking like a convict has never been easier.
All we needed was a serial number under our names and it could have been Canada's Most Wanted.

We explored the option of going to Vancouver to "land" but the call centre told us that the appointments are over a month ahead and then they allocate an appointment - you get no choice in the matter.

As per usual, getting info out of them was like breaking rocks with a toothpick so I cannot say if that information is reliable but in any case we will take our chances face-to-face with the staff at Sumas for preference.
Maybe I can also bring back a huge stash of cheese while we are there.

Thanks everyone for all the kind words and good luck to everyone still in the queue.
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 7:19 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Have fun on your landing trip and congratulations
Old Feb 4th 2012, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

RKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant future

Hey - congrats - that great news - I know you've waited and waited so am really pleased that its finally here!!
Old Feb 6th 2012, 1:11 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

And the deed is done - "landed" by crossing the US border at Pacific Crossing this afternoon (Sunday 5th Feb 5pm).
Went over to the US for lunch and a bit of a wander round the coast since it was a very nice afternoon.

Once again, the US border guards were very nice and not at all intimidating or frosty.

Then we came back to do the paperwork at the Canada side.

All went beautifully and quickly - not a single other soul in the whole place except us two and the border guards.
Our guy - the only one actually on duty at the desks - was super nice, friendly and had a joke with us.
He gave us a handshake, a Canada pin and a flag and wished us, "Welcome to Canada!".

Just two days under 17 months from application received by CIO to landed immigrants.
I am feeling a bit tearful now we are home, actually.
It has been quite fraught at times with me and OH having to live apart for so long and I wouldn't want to go through that again but it is done now.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 1:17 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

And the deed is done - "landed" by crossing the US border at Pacific Crossing this afternoon (Sunday 5th Feb 5pm).
Went over to the US for lunch and a bit of a wander round the coast since it was a very nice afternoon.
Congratulations! Have a great future in Canada.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 1:19 am
Island life at last

Originally Posted by JAJ
Congratulations! Have a great future in Canada.
Thanks!
Old Feb 6th 2012, 12:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Once again, the US border guards were very nice and not at all intimidating or frosty.

All went beautifully and quickly - not a single other soul in the whole place except us two and the border guards.
Our guy - the only one actually on duty at the desks - was super nice, friendly and had a joke with us.
He gave us a handshake, a Canada pin and a flag and wished us, "Welcome to Canada!".

Just two days under 17 months from application received by CIO to landed immigrants.
It has been quite fraught at times with me and OH having to live apart for so long and I wouldn't want to go through that again but it is done now.
Im shocked where you not offered a Timmies and a donout of your choice?
You could always use this link look at the In Focus box right side.
http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/menu-eng.html

Isnt it funny that complaints comes before compliments
Old Feb 6th 2012, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Congratulations - you must be so relieved it is finally complete!

(We too have "crim photos"; you are not alone )
Old Feb 6th 2012, 1:47 pm
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

Brilliant!!

Well done, congrats, nice one etc etc!!
Old Feb 6th 2012, 4:21 pm
Island life at last

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Im shocked where you not offered a Timmies and a donout of your choice?
You could always use this link look at the In Focus box right side.
http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/menu-eng.html

Isnt it funny that complaints comes before compliments
Fishing for compliments?

I certainly will use this, FL as I do believe in giving credit where credit is due.

After some of the horror stories I had read I have been a bit nervous the first few times but then I just do what I am told, answer questions promptly and honestly and if they appear open to being chatty then we chat but if not we just do the business.

Now I have met quite a few and I have never had anything but either quite acceptable civility or downright niceness from any border guard I have had contact with, be they US or Canadian.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 4:26 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!

Old Feb 6th 2012, 4:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Fishing for compliments?

I certainly will use this, FL as I do believe in giving credit where credit is due.

After some of the horror stories I had read I have been a bit nervous the first few times but then I just do what I am told, answer questions promptly and honestly and if they appear open to being chatty then we chat but if not we just do the business.

Now I have met quite a few and I have never had anything but either quite acceptable civility or downright niceness from any border guard I have had contact with, be they US or Canadian.
Moi fishing for compliments
I know it wasnt me that landed you so no Im not fishing.
It is nice to hear the positives as opposed to the negatives.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.