Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Confirmation of Permanent Residence Letter - Proceeding to Port of Entry

Confirmation of Permanent Residence Letter - Proceeding to Port of Entry

Old Jul 17th 2013, 2:16 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confirmation of Permanent Residence Letter - Proceeding to Port of Entry

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
I might be incorrect on this, so someone please feel free to jump in if I'm incorrect, but I believe that you can go down to the border, tell the US border guards what you're up to, and what they will do is give you an "administrative refusal". It's not a black mark, it's not like saying "I was refused entry to the US", all it means is that you officially left Canada but did not enter the US (basically stayed in no-man's-land - a la Edward Snowden), then re-entered Canada for the purposes of activating your PR. Border guards will distinguish between "Administrative refusal" and a regular "Refused entry".
You are perfectly right.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Trip_a...lagpole-Canada
Old Aug 1st 2013, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

superd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Confirmation of Permanent Residence Letter - Proceeding to Port of Entry

Easiest POE I've ever been through. As soon as I told the Canadian officer I had COPR, she asked if I'd like to land here (Kingsgate, BC) and I said yes. From there on in everyone was as nice as pie.

The US officer didn't question my 3-day weekend vacation at all.

I'm now a permanent resident! And just picked up my new '6' SIN.

Thanks everyone for your help.
Old Aug 1st 2013, 3:36 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by superd
Easiest POE I've ever been through. As soon as I told the Canadian officer I had COPR, she asked if I'd like to land here (Kingsgate, BC) and I said yes. From there on in everyone was as nice as pie.

The US officer didn't question my 3-day weekend vacation at all.

Congratulations and welcome to Canada eh!
Attached Thumbnails Confirmation of Permanent Residence Letter - Proceeding to Port of Entry-welcome.jpg  
Old Aug 2nd 2013, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

mikey_c_9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by superd

So happy for you! Congrats!!!