Conditional Discharge - rephrased

Old Jan 15th 2002, 3:46 am
Charlotte

I understand that a conditional discharge does not lead a person to be considered
inadmissible to Canada, but my question is this:

If a person receives a conditional discharge with conditions being probation for 18
months, will this person's application for landing (inland, sponsored by spouse), be
held up until the conditions are met? Will the application be put into abeyance for
18 months? Or will they be allowed to land (knowing that they still must meet the
conditions or be subject to an A27 report).

thanks,

charlotte

Old Jan 15th 2002, 9:46 am
James Metcalfe

Interesting questions.

There being no convictions there cannot be a finding of in admissibility and
therefore no 27 report. Presumably if the conditions are not met and there is a
Conviction subsequent to landing there can still be a 27 report on a PR.

Jim Metcalfe

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 15th 2002, 4:38 pm
Charlotte

So the inland sponsorship will not be put on hold until the duration of the probation
has been served? This person will be allowed to land during the probation period?

Charlotte

"James Metcalfe" <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > I understand that a conditional discharge does not lead a person to be considered[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > inadmissible to Canada, but my question is this:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > If a person receives a conditional discharge with conditions being probation for[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > 18 months, will this person's application for landing (inland, sponsored by[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > spouse), be held up until the conditions are met? Will the application be put[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > into abeyance for 18 months? Or will they be allowed to land (knowing that they[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > still must meet the conditions or be subject to an A27 report).[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > thanks,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > charlotte[/usenetquote2]