Concerns over Application Help!!!

Old Mar 23rd 2008, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

lenart will become famous soon enough
Default Concerns over Application Help!!!

Hi All,

Having read all the previous threads on the subject of immigration to Canada, it has posed many questions for my wife and I. We received AOR from CHC London 26th November 07 we were made aware of the long waiting time by our representitIve A&K Lawyers.

The comments and views we have read concerning new regulations etc have caused some concern to us, bearing in mind that my wife and I are currently 53 years respectively. We now wonder whether we would be considered as having sufficient working years left before retirement to make contribution to Canadian society in the eyes of the CHC (Hyperthetical Question)I as the principle applicant have scored 70 points. paid all fees to CHC and we are in a position to purchase property outright in Nova Scotia the province of our choice.

We will be travelling to Nova Scotia this June for a holiday and fact finding tour and have considered looking at the Nova Scotia CIS that may assist in possible employment? in our case how would this work as we do not have any links or connections with any Nova Scotia communities. Any views & thoughts appreciated. Regards Len & Pam
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 7:37 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Concerns over Application Help!!!

Check out the following website too: http://www.novascotiaimmigration.com/en-page1040.aspx
I would include a visit to them in your itinerary.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 9:01 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

In addition to the link that Jim gave you, also check out the Wiki article called Nova Scotia Community Identified Stream. That Wiki article was compiled from information from posters who have obtained permanent resident (PR) status or are in the process of applying for it. Notwithstanding the fact that some of them did not have prior links to Nova Scotia, they managed to establish links during recce trips, etc.

If I remember Ontheboatout's account correctly, he took a leap of faith, moved to Nova Scotia as a visitor, bought a house, and applied for PR via the NS-CIS. Another poster, wbexpat, went to Nova Scotia on a couple of recce trips and chatted with local employers.

According to my recollection, everyone who has gone (or is going) through the NS-CIS process has stated that a friendly relationship with the person who heads up the local Regional Development Agency (RDA) is key. Your application hinges on an endorsement from an RDA, so getting onto good terms with the most influential person in the RDA is critical. However, provided you're nice and friendly, this apparently is relatively simple to accomplish.

I imagine the fact that you'd be able to buy a house outright would be helpful.

Canadian employers (and I'm guessing the people in the RDAs as well) really like personal contact. Wbexpat refers to this as "face time." Although face time is the ideal form of contact, the telephone is next best. If you get to know some people during your recce trip, stay in touch with them when you return to the UK. Don't make a pest of yourself, but make the occasional phone call to them or send them an email once in a while.

Depending on your occupation, you also may be eligible for the Skilled Worker Stream of the Nova Scotia Provincial Nominee Program.

Hope that helps.
x

Last edited by Judy in Calgary; Mar 23rd 2008 at 10:21 am. Reason: Typo
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

lenart will become famous soon enough

Hi Judy,

Once again many thanks for your kind reply we have already read up on the CIS and found it very helpful have also identified an RDA and will be emailing tomorrow. Ontheboatout has been really helpful also he has mentioned CIS for his area is very strong not sure which RDA he falls under possibly Cape Breton.

Once again thankyou so much for your support and encouragement.

Best Regards Len & Pam
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

deanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nice

Originally Posted by lenart
Hi Judy,

Once again many thanks for your kind reply we have already read up on the CIS and found it very helpful have also identified an RDA and will be emailing tomorrow. Ontheboatout has been really helpful also he has mentioned CIS for his area is very strong not sure which RDA he falls under possibly Cape Breton.

Once again thankyou so much for your support and encouragement.

Best Regards Len & Pam

He falls under Creda which is Cumberland County, Close to that is Corda which is Colchester County. Both very helpful however Margot at Corda really is the person to talk to. So keen to attract new people and nothing is too much for her.