Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

A concerned client of Andrew Miller

A concerned client of Andrew Miller

Old Apr 12th 2010, 3:40 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A concerned client of Andrew Miller

Originally Posted by Simon Legree
Libel is written. Slander is spoken.
A painting or carton can be libelous too. its the permanency that counts I guess.

Internet posting may seem conversational, but the fact these arrangements of electrons never seem to go away and can be dragged up again years later makes me think Libel would be thing. But you would have to prove its baseless first.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

PaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nice

"Libel" isn't libel if it's proven to be the substantially true. I suspect that errand boys are throwing around words like 'libel' and 'slander' as an attempt to silence dissent.

I could imagine that a libel case where Mr. Miller's business practices are presented and discussed in open court could be something that Mr.. Miller would want to avoid.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

cserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to all

Well it's quite simple, he has every opportunity to come on here and defend himself and address the concerns in person.

He however won't!
Old Apr 12th 2010, 8:42 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by cserpent
Well it's quite simple, he has every opportunity to come on here and defend himself and address the concerns in person.

He however won't!

Why should he?, it would be a lose-lose situation
Old Apr 12th 2010, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

cserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to all

Because it would be the honourable thing to do!

He doesn't even have the decency to respond to private emails!
Old Apr 12th 2010, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

Tracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant future

I will not get drawn into this thread again. I am extremely offended that Mr. Miller is blaming myself and my husband for his comeuppance in life. Since I work in the legal field myself, I have kept every email trail that has ever gone on between myself and Andrew so if he really does have a police investigation into me and my husband then feel free to pursue it as I am sure it will have an ugly outcome. I have already sought legal advice over the blackmail Mr. Miller used in direct emails with me to cover my own back if anything did ever come of his allegations.

Anyway long story short if he really believes that he helped me and we were trying to get a refund from him then let him believe that. I am sure most of you who were part of this threat initially will recall that Mr. Miller was supposedly on his death bed at the time in China and was unable to respond to emails, someone by the name of Andre posted a few threads on here in Mr. Millers defence, Mr. Miller did not in any way shape or form help me with my permanent residency application, it was in fact my current employers who checked the application for me after I researched myself and compiled my own application. I did submit the application to Mr. Miller for review (after it had already been submitted to London) as this was one of his demands in order that he refund me the part of the fee that he was not able to fulfil (i.e represent me) as his was no longer a certified immigration consultant. I might add that it was ONLY this part of the fee that we paid him we were requesting he refund back. Mr. Miller did promise that upon us obtaining residency and submitting to him a scanned in copy of our COPR he would refund this element to us. Of course he never has and just simply does what he does best disappeared and no longer responded to emails.

I did investigate legal proceedings against him but needed an address for service (not a postal box address) but had no joy in finding that out, I did find out though that he doesn't currently have a business license....

Like CS Serpent says if he truly believes he is innocent then he should defend himself. And are you truly telling me that everyone else on this site is a liar.... I think not.

Like I said above, I will not get dragged into his deluded world anymore and if he wants to blame me for his downfall then fine let him do that, I know the truth of what happened and have all email correspondence to prove it.

Last edited by Tracywall; Apr 12th 2010 at 10:19 pm.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 10:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulOK
The reason was that Tran declared he was the sole provider for his mother and sibling and was able to manipulate the legal system with endless appeals on humanitarian grounds (all paid for by the Canadian tax payer).
Please confirm how you know that Tran's legal expenses were paid for by the Canadian taxpayer? I doubt very much that his lawyer told you this.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

PaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nice

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Please confirm how you know that Tran's legal expenses were paid for by the Canadian taxpayer? I doubt very much that his lawyer told you this.
If you actually re-read my post I stated that the multiple appeals were courtesy of the taxpayer, indeed, who else would have paid for them? Tran? The 'Fresh off the Boat' gang? Appeals which would have included costly government lawyers, court time and Tran may have even been on remand for a period resulting in even more money.

I see another 'virtual pissing contest with a complete stranger' coming along....I know you enjoy these 'Almost Canadian'.....Yawn.

Last edited by PaulOK; Apr 13th 2010 at 12:39 am.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 12:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulOK
If you re-read my post I stated that the multiple appeals were courtesy of the taxpayer, indeed, who else would have paid for them?. Appeals which would have included government lawyers, court time and Tran may have even been on remand for a time resulting in even more cost.

What's it to you anyway?

Plus, 'Almost Canadian' since the 'Powell' thing I do look forward to you forensically examining my future posts in order to detect contradictions.

Get a friggin' life, pal
It's nothing to me. I just wanted to see if there was any substance to your writings. You have answered that for me. Thank you.
Old Jun 6th 2010, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

Ron Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really nice

This is not comment on the issues that have arisen since my last post here - which was a long time ago - however CBC news reports indicate a significant announcement by the Minister on unauthorized representatives is imminent. I don't know if this is going to help you with regard to your past problems, but it may. At the very least it is expected to eliminate or greatly reduce this sort of problem going forward.
Old Jun 7th 2010, 4:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ron Liberman
This is not comment on the issues that have arisen since my last post here - which was a long time ago - however CBC news reports indicate a significant announcement by the Minister on unauthorized representatives is imminent. I don't know if this is going to help you with regard to your past problems, but it may. At the very least it is expected to eliminate or greatly reduce this sort of problem going forward.
Thank you for letting us know.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 8:27 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crazy72
maximpouska already mentioned that AM was badly slandered in 2004-05 in Google forum. The key word is slandered.... crazy man, crazy....
One can only hope that the new Bill on Immigration Consultants manages to finally weedle out Mr Miller and let the people he scammed get some justice.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 11:28 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ron Liberman
Yes Ron, it sounds like a step in the right direction doesn't it? I don't suppose there is ever much that can be done about those that operate outside Canada but at least there might be a clamp down within the country.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

Reidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond reputeReidies has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul Wildy
Yes Ron, it sounds like a step in the right direction doesn't it? I don't suppose there is ever much that can be done about those that operate outside Canada but at least there might be a clamp down within the country.
I arrived in Canada 3 days ago and the headline in the free newspaper yesterday was that the CSIC is going to be disbanded - not sure if that a good or bad thing as we didn't use a representative.