is this concealment

Old Nov 4th 2007, 3:07 am
Just Joined

rosie_ver is an unknown quantity at this point
Default is this concealment

i found the forum very helpful as i was searching things necessary to apply for PR.
Most threads are related to processing and LMO, PNP etc
but i am starting the application, i am scared to post here with fear that i will not be responded. thanks in advance to all senior members and helpful team for responding

i am from india currently in canada on study as graduate student. i wish to apply at buffalo for PR
first of all happy diwali to all who celebrate it

i was working in india before coming to canada in two places (one full time one part time), the job time is overlapped. I showed both jobs to get study permit.
But for PR i dont have any proof for one of the job because nobody is there anymore when i was there and i think the company doesnot run good these days. the new people dont know me. i dont have any previous records now, i submitted all for my study permit.

even not showing that job i have enough points to apply and since the time is overlapped i want to ignore that. because if i write that i dont have proof and even if the CIC buffalo does background checks, the people in the company may not respond good. i have no idea whereabouts of previous boss and colics

how would this situation affect my application processing?
will buffalo do background checks with New delhi and ask me about it ?
or should i write a letter explaining the fact?
will the CIC ask the company about me??

any ideas will be highly appreciated

thanking you all
sincerely
rosie
Old Nov 4th 2007, 3:41 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: is this concealment

Originally Posted by rosie_ver
how would this situation affect my application processing?
You must provide evidence to substantiate your claims. You cannot omit claiming one job as it is already in your file.

will buffalo do background checks with New delhi and ask me about it ?
Yes, Buffalo will ask New Delhi for background check in India, it is a standard procedure. If something doesn't fully check out you will be asked about it. If something checks out as fraud, omission or misrepresentation (either in your PR application or previous study permit application) you will be found inadmissible to Canada.

or should i write a letter explaining the fact?
Yes and provide evidence. You must get at least substitute evidence.

will the CIC ask the company about me??
Yes, of course. CIC may not ask in all cases from countries with low rate of fraud, but will ask in all cases from India as your home country is among top 5 countries on the highest rate of fraud list.
Old Nov 4th 2007, 4:04 am
Just Joined

Thank you Mr. Miller very much for your very delightful answer and quick response.

By the way what would substitute evidence mean? if i have a photocopy of a old refence letter would that work, but i dont have visiting card and they never gave me contract letter. The salary was paid through cheques so no payslips or any records.

In the explanation letter can i enclose that old reference letter (as i dont have new one) and say i dont have a new letter.

thank you again
Old Nov 4th 2007, 4:56 am

Yes, old letter may be used as substitute evidence. If salary was paid by cheques then don't you have copies of those cheques or cancelled/cashed cheques returned from your bank? What about taxes?
Old Nov 4th 2007, 5:08 am
Just Joined

thank you again for your valuable time

tax is deduced in the salary and the bank cashes the cheques.
i tried calling the new account manager last week but was busy in festival (navaratri) if somehow i can get a letter prepared from the new account manager with the help of my relatives back home and fax that to me, and if he could write saying "from old records such and such employ used to get this much salary and tax was deduced in salary" with this help.

i should have thought about it seriously but i just thought that even if i dont mention the job i have enough points so i was neglecting and also because the new people there are not friendly as i came to know from old friends. now thinking that i have old records at CHC delhi, it might raise a question and now i am concerned.
Old Nov 4th 2007, 6:40 am
Just Joined

sorry Mr. Miller
one more concern

if i happen to arrange the above mentioned documents do i claim this work in my work experience (it falls under NOC)
or dont claim because it doesnot have complete proofs and its overlaped work with another full time work

is it okey if i mention this in my personal history only and include those photocopies

thank you and sorry i am being concerned alot
hope you wont mind i have very delicate ideas
Old Nov 4th 2007, 7:01 am

You have to disclose it, no matter what. Provide as much as you can and solid explanation note.
Old Nov 4th 2007, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Mr. Andrew miller very much
i will do accordingly