Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

completing parents sponsorship (part 2) application forms

completing parents sponsorship (part 2) application forms

Old Jan 26th 2012, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

jigz787 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default completing parents sponsorship (part 2) application forms

Question 1
I applied for parents sponsorship at Mississauga office and now they sent me a letter to submit all of part 2 forms and documents at Mississauga office. (Traditionally, this supposed to be done in part 2 process, New Delhi India).
The document checklist also requires birth certificate of my parents under “Proof of relationship to Sponsor in Canada - Identity and Civil status documents”. My parents never got birth certificates back in India. Can I submit School leaving certificate instead of birth certificates ? They do have passports but that falls under travel documents.

Question 2
My parents came to Canada to visit me for one month in 2008, Do I have to include that 1 month period in “Personal History” question # 8 IMM 5669 (Schedule A background/declaration) ?
Old Jan 26th 2012, 6:21 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: completing parents sponsorship (part 2) application forms

If you check the CIC's website you will find guides to help you with all this.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ons/famcls.asp
Old Jan 26th 2012, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for your quick reply Jim.
I am already referring to the link you have given....But they don't say if School leaving is ok instead of birth certificate...
If this is something you can answer, that will be great ...
It is hard to get a birth certificate now for my parents...
Old Jan 26th 2012, 11:47 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

School certificates may do. If that is what you have then that is what you will have to submit. I would not really expect it to be easy for your parents to get a temporary visa once the application for PR is submitted. But there is a so-called super visa intended for that purpose. The requirements are somewhat onerous. You can check other threads in this forum for details and (some) experiences.
Old Jan 27th 2012, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

Thank you...

I think you misunderstood my question.. It is not for temporary visa... It is for PR application itself...
Old Jan 27th 2012, 2:17 am

I thought that you were also inquiring as to whether they could visit while the PR application was being processed.