Compare US vs Canada

Old Jan 10th 2002, 1:41 pm
Stuart

[usenetquote2]>>BTW, I am talking about IT field [/usenetquote2]
    >
    >

I am only getting what I've heard about people returning to Canada after several
years in the US (believe it or not!). People working in various fields, including IT.
For some strange reason, some Canadian employers don't give a lot of credit to time
spent outside Canada ... it's almost as if you've been unemployed!

Whether it's like that right now or not, I don't know. Although living and working in
Canada, my employer is a small multinational, and I'm their Canadian employee.

Stuart

Old Jan 10th 2002, 2:46 pm
Ethan More

"Berto Volpentesta" <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Can anyone recommend any web site where I can get a salary reference in Canada ?

Tks

Ethan

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Hello Folks:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Can you pls give me your view about living in US or Canada, with a family (three[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > kids), as new immigrants.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > The perspective, I would like to have is your view is about: family quality of[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > life; kids education; professional growth; health; stress level and financial[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > position.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I appreciate your response[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Ethan[/usenetquote2]

Old Jan 11th 2002, 6:21 am
Vlad

>

Ethan,

The following page may be helpful:

http://relocatecanada.com/labourmarket.html

Vlad

Old Jan 11th 2002, 6:57 pm
Josh

1. Almost one in five children still live in poverty in Canada - an increase of 39%
since 1989. [http://www.campaign2000.ca/]. It's worse than many so called 3rd
world countries.

2. USA doesn't ask it's immigrants to bring in money when immigrating. The idea is
opportunity, use it and grow. While Canada asks it's immigrants (even under
Independent Category) to bring in almost $10,000 per head. The idea here is to
take the immigrants money put in bank, ask these qualified immigrants to take
low-paid and that too scarce job.

3. If these immigrants apply for job ask them Canadian Experience (Even from the
guys who worked in USA and are in Information Technology). Most ridiculous thing
and insulting too.

4. There is quite discrimination going on in Canada wheather it is workplace or
social life. The white guy lives in its own society like a parasite feeding on
immigrants money and taking benefit of qualified people making them work low-paid
job and smiling while asking "Do you have Canadian experience?".

5. Don't compare Canada with USA in terms of economic opportunity, Canadian economy
is more than 80% dependent on USA.

6. In terms of priority, given a chance to immigrate to either USA or Canada. The
obvious choice for immigarnts would be USA. Although those who couldn't immigrate
to USA and live in Canada, no choice but to praise Canada vis-a-vis USA.

7. Lesson learned - bring more people from China, India and other cultured society
and let the population increase to decent levels. Create market and then compare
Canada to USA.

8. Good things - Canada has more land, less voilence, people are less agressive.

9. Canadian pass time number 1 - Curse USA for everything.

10. Canadian pass time number 2 - Curse french/english speaking (depending on the
mother tongue) population, for which can not curse USA.

Good Luck,

"Berto Volpentesta" <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 13th 2002, 1:52 am
Ethan More

Josh:

Very good social analyis of Canadian Immigration process. It puts a diffent spin.

So if by luck you had a choice to live and raise a family in US and Canada (under all
dimentions: career, self growth, kids education and social integration, financial
perspective,etc), your choice would be the US?

What's behind the so called " Canadian Experience" ? Does it mean any sort of of work
experience? Even if you have IT type experience in the US, will you need to have some
sort of local canadian experience (i.e work in supermarkets, malls,etc) ??!!!

Thanks for your thoughts.

Ethan

[email protected] (Josh)
[usenetquote2]> > While I may be biased, I cannot think of a better place to raise a family than in[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Canada. Canada has not been at or near the top of the scale (best place in the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > world to live) for the last decade for no reason.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Canadians pay more tax yes, but the levels of service for that is higher (though[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > priorities are being adjusted constantly)[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Canadians earn less yes, but then the cost of living is also lower.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Canadians have access to all high quality health care, education and a clean and[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > safe environment.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Take a look at www.canada.gc.ca and www.canada.com for some idea of the Canadian[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > way of life.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > --[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Good luck,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Berto Volpentesta, B.A. (Spec. Hons.), B.Ed. Member, OPIC Director, OPIC and[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Education Committee Chairman[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Sidhu & Volpentesta Inc. Serving people around the world since 1991[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > www.svcanada.com[/usenetquote2]

Old Jan 13th 2002, 4:38 am
gprefontaine

>
    >
    >
    >

I would question the basis for the opinion that work outside of Canada is not
considered by employers to be relevant. Since it is such a far-reaching
generalization, I would ask for some background to support the claim.

It may depend on the country involved and the ignorance of the employer towards that
country ("Sure, you've got a degree from Timbuktu U") Or a fear of involvement in the
immigration process.

I feel confident in stating that US experience will always be considered on a par
with Canadian experience, unless, as was stated, there is something particularly
unique about the job that makes it require Canadian experience (seal hunting). You're
safe in IT.

Gaby

Old Jan 13th 2002, 7:59 am
Josh

"Canadian Work Experience", god knows what the hell does it mean. But even the people
in IT as I mentioned earlier have to go through this crap. This I guess is to
eliminate the otherwise qualified individuals. Or sometimes it may be used to say
'No' modestly.

My personal opinion, if you are not too career conscious and can sustain yourself
financially for a year or two, Canada will assimilate you. Once settled I guess
Canada might be a better place to raise your kids. when it comes to College education
again USA would have a upper hand.

Good Luck,

[email protected] (Ethan More)
[usenetquote2]> > > While I may be biased, I cannot think of a better place to raise a family than[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > in Canada. Canada has not been at or near the top of the scale (best place in[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > the world to live) for the last decade for no reason.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Canadians pay more tax yes, but the levels of service for that is higher[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > (though priorities are being adjusted constantly)[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Canadians earn less yes, but then the cost of living is also lower.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Canadians have access to all high quality health care, education and a clean[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > and safe environment.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Take a look at www.canada.gc.ca and www.canada.com for some idea of the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Canadian way of life.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > --[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Good luck,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Berto Volpentesta, B.A. (Spec. Hons.), B.Ed. Member, OPIC Director, OPIC and[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Education Committee Chairman[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Sidhu & Volpentesta Inc. Serving people around the world since 1991[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > www.svcanada.com[/usenetquote2]
    >