Wikiposts

Company Transfer - advice please

Old Sep 17th 2007, 4:40 am
MSM
Forum Regular

MSM will become famous soon enough
Default Company Transfer - advice please

Hi, I need some advice please people.

I am hoping to get an intra-company transfer next year - went out to see the Canadian arm of the company I work for last year and it looks quite likely this will happen. My questions are:

1. Is it correct that I don't need a LMO for intra-company transfer?
2. What and how fast is the whole process?
3. We applied under SW route last Sept with my wife as Principal Applicant - do we need to submit a new one now or can this one be amended?
4. How soon after landing as a temporary worker on average does the PR get fast tracked & processed.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 4:50 am
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Company Transfer - advice please

Originally Posted by MSM

I am hoping to get an intra-company transfer next year - went out to see the Canadian arm of the company I work for last year and it looks quite likely this will happen. My questions are:

1. Is it correct that I don't need a LMO for intra-company transfer?
2. What and how fast is the whole process?
3. We applied under SW route last Sept with my wife as Principal Applicant - do we need to submit a new one now or can this one be amended?
4. How soon after landing as a temporary worker on average does the PR get fast tracked & processed.

I can answer some of these, as I came out on an intra-company transfer just over a year ago...

1. Correct, you don't need a LMO. However, CIC will want a letter from your employer setting out the role and why an intra-company transfer is the best option. The role has to be fairly senior, and there should be a reasonable prospect that local employment will result in the medium term (don't have the exact wording, but that's the gist of it).
2. the process is pretty quick - mine took about 6 weeks all in (but then my company moves a lot of people around globally on work permits, so the internal processes are pretty slick). You are issued with a work permit at the end of it.
3. can't help with this one - we only started the PR process after we arrived
4. I've heard anything from 6 months to 18 months and beyond. I think it depends on where you are, what you're doing, and where your application is processed. Hopefully somebody with a more definitive answer will be along in a minute!

Hope that helps
Old Sep 17th 2007, 7:56 pm
MSM
Forum Regular

Thanks for your help
Old Sep 17th 2007, 9:06 pm
Mr McGoo

Location: Wiltshire, Switzerland, Reading, Snug Cove BC - all in one year!
mrmcgoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MSM

As far as I'm aware, you just need to amend the existing one ... probably best to email CIC first for the correct procedure if you can't find it here or on CIC website.

Cheers
Chris
Old Sep 17th 2007, 9:20 pm
MSM
Forum Regular

Thanks Chris
Old Oct 11th 2007, 2:28 am
Forum Regular

Londonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
I can answer some of these, as I came out on an intra-company transfer just over a year ago...

1. Correct, you don't need a LMO. However, CIC will want a letter from your employer setting out the role and why an intra-company transfer is the best option. The role has to be fairly senior, and there should be a reasonable prospect that local employment will result in the medium term (don't have the exact wording, but that's the gist of it).
2. the process is pretty quick - mine took about 6 weeks all in (but then my company moves a lot of people around globally on work permits, so the internal processes are pretty slick). You are issued with a work permit at the end of it.
3. can't help with this one - we only started the PR process after we arrived
4. I've heard anything from 6 months to 18 months and beyond. I think it depends on where you are, what you're doing, and where your application is processed. Hopefully somebody with a more definitive answer will be along in a minute!

Hope that helps
Hi - just wondering here - hubby and I are on an inter company visa - just about to reach 12 months work experience in Canada and we are applying for PR - I am not too up on all the stuff needed but from what I can understand as hubby is senior management and will stay with our company in that capacity then he does not need LMO and can be accepted with the position he is in. Otherwise the rest of the process is pretty much the same - police checks, medical etc.. Thanks Cari