Companies no longer in existance

Old Dec 21st 2004, 11:15 am
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Companies no longer in existance

Just a wee quick question folks

I am in the process of filling out PR forms
On one of the forms it asks for employment details for the last 10 years, but another form asks for details of all your history for the last 10 years or until aged 18, whichever is the longest.

My query is that.
1. You do need to provide all employment history right back until aged 18. I have been fully employed since leaving school in 1983. I have documented these on the required form.
2. Do you still have to provide contracts of employment, terms of conditions, salary details, benefits ( if any ) etc etc, for all employers all the way back until aged 18.
Most of my previous employers have gone into liquidation / bust.
I can go back 3 previous employers which will take me back until approx 1990.

Will this be suffice or NOT !!!!!!!!!!!

What happens in this situation guys.

Any help / advice would be appreciated

Eddie

PS Hope you all have a festive Xmas and a boozy New Year, and that includes Mr Andrew Miller and Mr Jim Humphries, whos invaluable free input / advice, on this forum has been fantastic.

HAPPY XMAS TO ALL
Old Dec 21st 2004, 1:32 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Companies no longer in existance

You should be OK with providing reference letters in required form from empliyers for past 10 years and what you can't fully document beyond that you will need to at least list and provide explanations.

Originally Posted by Voyager970
Just a wee quick question folks

I am in the process of filling out PR forms
On one of the forms it asks for employment details for the last 10 years, but another form asks for details of all your history for the last 10 years or until aged 18, whichever is the longest.

My query is that.
1. You do need to provide all employment history right back until aged 18. I have been fully employed since leaving school in 1983. I have documented these on the required form.
2. Do you still have to provide contracts of employment, terms of conditions, salary details, benefits ( if any ) etc etc, for all employers all the way back until aged 18.
Most of my previous employers have gone into liquidation / bust.
I can go back 3 previous employers which will take me back until approx 1990.

Will this be suffice or NOT !!!!!!!!!!!

What happens in this situation guys.

Any help / advice would be appreciated

Eddie

PS Hope you all have a festive Xmas and a boozy New Year, and that includes Mr Andrew Miller and Mr Jim Humphries, whos invaluable free input / advice, on this forum has been fantastic.

HAPPY XMAS TO ALL
Old Dec 21st 2004, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

Xyzzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
You should be OK with providing reference letters in required form from empliyers for past 10 years and what you can't fully document beyond that you will need to at least list and provide explanations.
I did exactly that and had no problems.

All my employers from before 1990 have either gone out of business or been merged so many times that the surviving companies have no records of long-ago employees of companies acquired by companies acquired by them. I just wrote a letter to that effect, enclosed the letters from my two most recent employers (1990-1997 and 1997-now), and wasn't asked for any further documentation on the subject (or indeed on any other).
Old Dec 22nd 2004, 12:12 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Many thanks Andrew and Xyzzy
I thought this was the logical way to proceed, but you have to ask, just to make sure

Many thanks guys

Eddie