Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Common Law/Spouse PR from BUNAC and Implied Status - the answer

Wikiposts

Common Law/Spouse PR from BUNAC and Implied Status - the answer

Old Sep 2nd 2010, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

rizzelator is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Common Law/Spouse PR from BUNAC and Implied Status - the answer

Hi All,

Just sponsored the significant other for PR, and everyone always asks about implied status while the application is processing.

Her Bunac visa expries shortly after we sent the application, so I rang CIC to get a definitive answer on implied status.

The short of it is that there is no implied status when applying to sponsor for PR, to gain implied status an application must also be made to extend/change the conditions of a work permit.

CIC advised me that the reason to stipulate for the change is that a open work permit is required to continue working while the PR application is being processed.

The two applications should then be mailed together to the Vergeville processing centre.

And to reassure, when I phoned the information about implied status and which application to fill in and the reason was given to me by the CIC rep without me prompting, the rep was very definitive about it!

Hope this helps someone, I had a couple of sleep deprived nights thinking about the application before I phoned CIC.
Old Nov 19th 2010, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

panic-stricken is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Common Law/Spouse PR from BUNAC and Implied Status - the answer

Do you know what happens if your partner leaves the country during implied status?
I'm soon to be in the same situation. Im also unsure what would happen if i changed jobs during implied status