Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Common law sponsorship package to send

Common law sponsorship package to send

Old Dec 11th 2014, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

Quiche2329 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Common law sponsorship package to send

Hi all

Been hanging out here for while as my boyfriend is sponsoring me common law. What a process! And as I get fully into everything I'm sure ill have a million more questions so figured I should sign up instead of lurking!

Anyways, I am doing the forms, pulling together all the stuff (easier said than done) and as I sit here surrounded my papers and folders I was just wondering if anyone could advise how they pulled their stuff together to actually send off?

Did you put all the forms in plastic pockets? In a ring binder with a contents page? Just in a pile and in a big envelope?

Thanks!
Old Dec 11th 2014, 7:24 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Common law sponsorship package to send

Hi

Originally Posted by Quiche2329
Hi all

Been hanging out here for while as my boyfriend is sponsoring me common law. What a process! And as I get fully into everything I'm sure ill have a million more questions so figured I should sign up instead of lurking!

Anyways, I am doing the forms, pulling together all the stuff (easier said than done) and as I sit here surrounded my papers and folders I was just wondering if anyone could advise how they pulled their stuff together to actually send off?

Did you put all the forms in plastic pockets? In a ring binder with a contents page? Just in a pile and in a big envelope?

Thanks!
1. No plastic sleeves, no binders, no staples.
2. You put the documents in the order of the checklist separated by paperclips or bulldog clips (if necessary) and then it is mailed in one envelope, except the required photos, which are placed loose in their own envelope.
Old Dec 11th 2014, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Argh! Now where is my staple remover... :P
Old Dec 12th 2014, 2:26 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

I posted this ages ago on how we organised ours: http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig.../#post10112329

+1 to what PMM said about staples etc, everything should be loose. The 5 sections we just secured with bulldog clips (The big black ones) so the sections stayed together, that was it. Everything else otherwise was loose.

HTH!
Old Dec 12th 2014, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

Oh thats super helpful SchnookoLoly! I was wondering about how to do that with a lot of the stuff referring to the same questions!

This will definitely come in handy.. Thank you!

Old Dec 19th 2014, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

Hey SchnookoLoly

Just having a wild Friday night with my common law app. here

Was looking at your post on how you organised your app.. When doing the IMM5490 form did you not fill in in anything in those teeny tiny few lines it gives you, when it asks you the questions about if i vistted him, if he vissitted me, development of your relationship etc. Did you just write refer to appendix A or whatever. Thinking of trying to organise mine that way now.. Keep changing my mind!

Thanks a bunch!