Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Common-Law Sponsorship - Medical sent to London - wrong office?

Common-Law Sponsorship - Medical sent to London - wrong office?

Old Aug 20th 2010, 11:11 am
Just Joined

Blara is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Common-Law Sponsorship - Medical sent to London - wrong office?

Hi, I am being sponsored by my common-law girlfriend who has been living with me in Scotland for a few years now.

We were just about ready to send of our application (outland) when I realised I might have made a big error with my medical.

At the time I had gone for the medical, I had read in the guides for my forms that I should be sending it to my local office (London), completely forgetting that the whole application gets sent to Mississauga as it is a sponsorship rather than another application class.

So now, my IMM 1017 and IMM 5419 are marked for London.

I was under the impression that after Mississauga the application would get forwarded to London anyway, so will this be a problem or should my IMM 1017 and IMM 5419 have been marked with Mississauga?

What can I do to clear this up? I don't have time to go for another medical in the UK as we are flying out to Canada on Wednesday together.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Common-Law Sponsorship - Medical sent to London - wrong office?

dont worry, it wont matter at all
Old Aug 20th 2010, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really nice

Originally Posted by Blara
Hi, I am being sponsored by my common-law girlfriend who has been living with me in Scotland for a few years now.

We were just about ready to send of our application (outland) when I realised I might have made a big error with my medical.

At the time I had gone for the medical, I had read in the guides for my forms that I should be sending it to my local office (London), completely forgetting that the whole application gets sent to Mississauga as it is a sponsorship rather than another application class.

So now, my IMM 1017 and IMM 5419 are marked for London.

I was under the impression that after Mississauga the application would get forwarded to London anyway, so will this be a problem or should my IMM 1017 and IMM 5419 have been marked with Mississauga?

What can I do to clear this up? I don't have time to go for another medical in the UK as we are flying out to Canada on Wednesday together.
It won't be a problem, I put London on my medical forms too.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

smivers is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Lethe
It won't be a problem, I put London on my medical forms too.
So did I. I believe they don't look at the medicals until it gets to London anyway, so that's where they need to be sent.