Common Law Sponsorship

Old Aug 14th 2014, 11:24 am
MWE
Account Closed

MWE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Common Law Sponsorship

I am going through the forms for Common Law Sponsorship and am a little confused.

My partner is a Canadian Citizenship but is on a lower wage whereas I have a business and access to substantial funds.

However it is my partner that has to sponsor me and there doesn't seem to be any section on the sponsor form to indicate that although I am being sponsored I won't need financial support because I have sufficient funds. There doesn't appear to be anything that covers this fact.

I'm a little concerned that the sponsorship application may fail if my partner's annual salary is quite low.

What happens in these scenarios? It would be strange to get refused a visa for my partner not having much money when I myself have substantial funds when we are both planning on moving to Canada together.

Thanks in advance for any help

Mike
Old Aug 14th 2014, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Becki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Common Law Sponsorship

Originally Posted by MWE
I am going through the forms for Common Law Sponsorship and am a little confused.

My partner is a Canadian Citizenship but is on a lower wage whereas I have a business and access to substantial funds.

However it is my partner that has to sponsor me and there doesn't seem to be any section on the sponsor form to indicate that although I am being sponsored I won't need financial support because I have sufficient funds. There doesn't appear to be anything that covers this fact.

I'm a little concerned that the sponsorship application may fail if my partner's annual salary is quite low.

What happens in these scenarios? It would be strange to get refused a visa for my partner not having much money when I myself have substantial funds when we are both planning on moving to Canada together.

Thanks in advance for any help

Mike
There is no minimum income requirement for spousal sponsorships. As long as your sponsor is not on welfare you are good to go.

I am the Canadian citizen and I am in school full time surviving off child support and student loans and I successfully sponsored my husband
Old Aug 14th 2014, 11:52 am
MWE
Account Closed

Is it still necessary for my partner to get a letter from employer with details of salary amount etc then or can that be skipped?
Old Aug 14th 2014, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Becki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond repute

I provided copies of my student loan and court order for child support. I would provide it, I just wouldn't worry about being denied for that reason.
Old Aug 14th 2014, 2:06 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

It's on the checklist that you have to provide it. So yes, provide it. Do not leave anything off the checklist.
Old Aug 14th 2014, 7:07 pm
MWE
Account Closed

Ok. Thanks for your replies. Feel much better re that situation now.

The other thing I wanted to clarify which isn't really explained in the notes very well is the 1st question on the sponsorship form which asks if the sponsorship request fails that the fees will be returned and the application stopped or not.

How can the application still go ahead if the sponsorship fails? Should the answer be yes to stop there?

Mike
Old Aug 15th 2014, 1:13 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, write that you want the process to stop there.