Wikiposts

Common Law Sponsor Query

Old Jul 16th 2013, 2:33 am
Just Joined

Kwon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Common Law Sponsor Query

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a query regarding common law sponsorship. My girlfriend is a permanent resident in Canada and is looking to sponsor me but she doesn't have 12 months of income. She has around 7 months. She has full time employment.

I get the feeling that in order for the application to be successful she needs to have had income for the previous 12 months before the application is submitted. Can anyone clarify?
Old Jul 16th 2013, 2:41 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Common Law Sponsor Query

Originally Posted by Kwon
I was wondering if anyone could help me with a query regarding common law sponsorship. My girlfriend is a permanent resident in Canada and is looking to sponsor me but she doesn't have 12 months of income. She has around 7 months. She has full time employment.

I get the feeling that in order for the application to be successful she needs to have had income for the previous 12 months before the application is submitted. Can anyone clarify?
There is no minimum income requirement for spousal (including common-law) sponsorship.

If you read over the documents here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...cations/fc.asp and specifically this one: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...TOC.asp#3900E3 it says: "Write your net personal income for the 12 months preceding the date of your application. Also write the dates of that 12-month period."

On the Sponsors document checklist it says " Proof of employment OR income for previous 12 months". It also states you can supply payslips if it isn't possible to get an Option C printout.