Common Law Partner UK

Old Nov 19th 2003, 12:46 am
Just Joined

Tadcaster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Common Law Partner UK

Hi, I am currently in the process of gathering the mountain of documents together need to apply for skilled worker PR and sending to the London commission.
I have been in a relationship with my partner for 5 years, we lived in Canada together for a year (2001-2002) and are hoping to apply under the common law partner status. Unfortunately since we returned to the UK ( a year ago) we decided to live at out parents in order to save funds so we would be ready to immigrate asap. Of course this is great, we have enough funds!! but knock on effect is that we havent been living together for a year!! We have a joint bank account together but what else (if we can do this) can we provide to give us any chance of going down this avenue? Can we provide declarations from parents? Past photos? Past letters? Evidence of us living together while in Canada?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards